Calmag def??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Motocole85, Jul 9, 2020.

1. What is this?

20200708_112304.jpg 20200708_084235.jpg

2. brown dots on green leaves:confused_2:

JK need more info, possibly needs Cal

• Like Like x 1
  3. ^ What he said, def more info needed..is it lots of leaves or just a few?, new or old growth? what's your media? from that pic it kinda looks like early calcium def, the stem turning red could be telling too..any chance you can take a wider shot? we could be completely off base....

4. Me medium is ff happy frog and it seems to be on the lower to middle fanleaves. I notice is on 2 fan leaves. The plant looks very healthy but I'd like to catch it before it starts if this is something

20200709_080222.jpg 20200709_080217.jpg 20200709_080220.jpg 20200709_080215.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looks like a calcium deficiency is starting. I would check your soil ph before adding anymore calcium as the calcium can raise the soil PH. You will start to see lock out if you exceed 6.5 soil PH. At that point the root system won’t be able to find calcium until you foliar feed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2

6. So should I do a slurry test?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I stuck an old ph probe in and it comes out to about 6.0 it looks like

20200709_085943.jpg

8. Yes that would be a good way. Use distilled water and make sure it is 7.0 ph(neutral ph)

9. Calcium deficiency all the way. That looks nothing like pH problems. This is pH problems 15943039238955287006323820900479.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. I just checked my flowering plants soil with a PH probe, it shows low about 3.0 and the one i checked is actually looking like it has deficiencies.... I think I need to start dialing into this becuase prior to this i never gave a shit about my soils ph.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Give it a healthy dose of cal mag. Calcium will raise the soils ph over time. I use bentonite clay and dolomite lime to bring up soil ph. Just be wise with it because it takes a few weeks for it to become accessible to the plants and a little can raise the ph quite a bit. I would recommend researching how much to add by the size of your pot. If your at 3.0 I’d recommend starting off with a table spoon and working it into the top 2 inches of your soil.

12. Give it a healthy dose of cal mag. Calcium will raise the soils ph over time. I use bentonite clay and dolomite lime to bring up soil ph. Just be wise with it because it takes a few weeks for it to become accessible to the plants and a little can raise the ph quite a bit. I would recommend researching how much to add by the size of your pot. If your at 3.0 I’d recommend starting off with a table spoon and working it into the top 2 inches of your soil.

13. I read it wrong, the PH is at about 6

also on this plant cant I just give it some cal-mag on next feed?

14. If you just fed it yes. She was probably just lacking some calcium then.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ok I will add some cal-mag into the next feed

• Like Like x 1
  16. Your plants don't look bad at all tbh...a deficiency that mild could be curbed in most instances by switching to tap water if you're currently using RO...if you are already using tap water and your PH is good, 3ml/gal of cal-mag with every watering for the next few weeks would most likely clear that right up...good luck man, post us some flowering pics here when the time comes, would love to see how they turn out :)

• Agree Agree x 1