Calling people fat

Discussion in 'General' started by kidwithguitar, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Why do people act like calling someone fat is the worst fucking thing in the world. I don't mean just blatantly calling people fat but it sort of seems like weight is an untouchable thing that you just don't talk about. I mean, weight is the only thing that you can change about yourself completely on your own.

If someone refuses to get a job, you call them a scumbag or a bum. If someone refuses to take care of their own body; than yeah, they're fat. Working out 3 times a week and controlling your diet isn't hard. You just can't eat more calories than you use. I realize some people hate working out and dieting so I can understand why some people might be on the heavier side. And you know what; I understand that. Being fat isn't a terrible thing. It just bugs me when these people talk about their weight like it's a fucking curse they have no control over.(Excluding diseases that cause weight gain but that's rare and I've never heard it as an excuse yet).

What I'm trying to say is that you don't need to worry about your weight; but if it really bugs you than do something about it.
    I've seen a lot of people who get more than a little confrontational when the subject comes up and they're the one's who choose if they want to be in shape or not. No one else.
    Well that's my rant. Hopefully I don't come off as an asshole.

2. #2 Happy Times, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2012
    [​IMG]

3. I love the people who know they're fat and make jokes about it themselves. They know whatsup. Except for some strange reason I have never smoked with a fat person? I must do this.

4. some fat people taking it personally but i personally love the jolly fat people. they're so fucking cool man, why give a fuck about your weight and make it a burden on yourself? I love it when I see a big jolly dude just laughin and cuttin up.

5. Eh I don't really care about being called fat. As soon as I start working and can get my own car I'm gonna start working out. I've been fat all my life I forgot how its like to be in shape. Hopefully I'll quit being lazy and get my shit together.

6. Nah man I know what you mean. I don't want to bring it up to anyone but when it is it's retarded that you can't talk about it.

Like when a fat person complains about being fat. Wtf are you supposed to say :confused:

7. [quote name='"JamestheFreak"']Eh I don't really care about being called fat. As soon as I start working and can get my own car I'm gonna start working out. I've been fat all my life I forgot how its like to be in shape. Hopefully I'll quit being lazy and get my shit together.[/quote]

You hope that you can be not lazy ? Why would you say that when OP just described how being fat is one of the few things you control in your life.

8. I don't really work out. But I have had a fucked up right hand so i can lift or anything and now i have a cast on it so i can't run or it will get all sweaty. I am a little out of shape but I'm 6'3 200 pounds.But I need to start working out. Some people are pretty fat though, and just looking at the shit they eat... its like come on. Life is easier for us men.

9. #9 kidwithguitar, Feb 8, 2012
    Haha I love people like that. I just hate it if they take their weight so damn seriously and get a little hostile.
    Glad people agree a little. Thought I was gonna sound like a total dick

10. You don't need a gym membership or any equipment to get in shape

all you need is the desire to do it

11. Being lazy is why I'm fat, I don't really eat that much junk food. I wanna be able to enjoy working out and shit but since I'm fat and out of shape its hard so I just say fuck it.

12. i got fat after i got my car and ditched the bike, good luck with that.

13. Maybe you should find a fun hobby that involves physical activity with friends.

14. Shit I lost all my weight and I still think I'm big af lol

15. Sucks being fat. I went from 260 to 186 and I'm still fat. Skinny people don't understand the advantage they have.

16. Hmm well I'm gonna use a gym as a start and when I start getting into shape I can then do things my way. I can still ride my bike even if I get a car.

17. [quote name='"Scnerd"']Shit I lost all my weight and I still think I'm big af lol[/quote]

I feel you bro.

18. sounds like the perfect excuse to NOT exercise.

why not start by walking a half mile each day :confused:

no car, gym or equipment needed

you can start right now

19. LOL I love calling fat people fat. I know it lowers their self-esteem but it's still funny as fuck to me, and that's all that matters.

20. #20 Thicken Dense, Feb 8, 2012
    I knew a guy from my neighborhood who was the fattest person I had ever seen. Can't ride rollercoasters or airplanes, has to turn sideways to let people pass in the supermarket. Also the funniest. This dude would have us laughing nonstop when we were getting ripped. He was so funny and popular that he actually had hot girlfriends. His condition was self-inflicted, came from a "precious" type of upbringing (without the daddy-rape)

I work with a guy now who is like a big butterball, his condition is medical. People make fun of him all the time, stick hamburgers to his car and other immature shit. If he didn't have a family I'd feel bad for him but I know he takes it well. He's not as funny as the other guy, but he wasn't always fat either so he never had to compensate for that before.

Being fat is a stigma in most societies. I'm not proud of the things me and my friends did on the school bus, but fat kids? yea, they have it rough and a lot of them wind up losing the weight later in life because of it while the bullies get fat working average jobs and growing weed. :smoke:

edit: I'd like to add that people who grew up fat are funnier than people who got fat later in life.