Calling GC's shoe aficionados.

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by kagaos, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Hey GC,
    I'm in need of some new shoes and I figured, HEY what a better place than a stoner forum to ask for fashion tips. Right!?
    All sardonicism aside, here's what I'm looking for... Shoot me some suggestions of anything that fits the following criteria:

- Must insulated enough during snowy winter for short walks around campus.
    - Must be durable enough not to massively degrade when wet or snowy.
    - Needs to be comfortable
    - "Looks cool"
    - Must be $80 or less
    - No boots

The rest is up to your guy's unassailable wisdom and shoe finding genius.
    Suggestions will be generously rewarded with reps and undying appreciation. :D

P.S. I was looking into something along the lines of the Nike Air Contra.

2. #2 MikeyMike87, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2010
    its called going to a shoe store bro... They got thousands of pairs to select from.... you really cant tell if a shoe is good or not until you actually try it on.. everyone's feet are different. just my two

http://www.karmaloop.com/category.aspx?CatID=1&SubID=45
    but have at it here.

3. im more of a marijuana aficionado.

4. #4 kagaos, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2010
    Unfortunately a shoe store doesn't offer me the personal, unbiased review of a shoe. That's where you guys come in.
    Here's basically the theme here: Have you experience with a shoe that fits my criteria? If so, would you suggest it and why?

Edit: Or if nothing else, have you experience with a certain brand that you think might fit my criteria?

5. Hemp shoes? ;)

6. [​IMG]

They look better on your hands, just remember that.

7. i'd probably pick up a pair of air forces, they are slightly above $85 but a solid shoe all around imo. Air max 90s are nice too, fit similar criteria. but honestly you need to pick something that you like, in terms of looks feel etc because what we might like on our feet might not work for you at all.

8. This...this, GC, is what a relevant reply looks like. Take heed. Thank you for your response, bud.

9. So are you aiming more towards practicality or style?

10. Well, practicality I guess but style is a close second.

11. Well if you like nikes then you pretty much can't go wrong with whatever you pick.

It really depends on your preferences. Like what kind of clothes you already have & stuff.
    I guess you live in a cold region so maybe look into getting some high tops or mids

Contra's are skate shoes, so you would probably like a lot of the Nike Sb's.
    To be honest, I don't think anyone can help you more than yourself.

Only you know what you like :D

12. Thanks for the suggestion
    Right, no one but myself can know what shoe is best for me, but the purpose of this thread is to get suggestions so I have a firm starting point. It will make it easier to narrow down my options.

13. well what kinds of clothes do you wear? whats your general style? that would def help narrow stuff down

14. mind = blown

15. Generally just the typical blue jeans and t-shirt or blue jeans and hoodie/sweat shirt. Not really into any specific style although I enjoy the new Korean fashion styles that are out. Especially the slim jackets and hoodies.

16. Just bought a pair of these, look bomb with some pants. great for walking, and chillen. super durable.

and they are fuzzy :D

$80.00

Patagonia Footwear Men's Maui Moc