Calling all Vegetarians

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by decrimbud, Feb 18, 2009.

1. okie doke.
    so what's your issue with vegetarians?
    no need to call them anal just because they have different diets than you.
    not to mention that's quite the generalization.

2. it's not the fact that they don't eat meat that bothers me, it's that most of them are so smug about it

3. ok, but i can also go on to say most meat-eaters are... huge assholes.
    i've met quite a bit of assholes in my lifetime, and it just so happens that they eat meat.

meat-eaters = assholes?

4. To be honest it does seem like most of the people being smug in this thread are the meat eaters.

I mean I enjoy meat more than the next person but there is no reason to be condescending about it.

5. Ha, wow. I'm a lactose intolerant pescatarian myself! :eek::wave:

6. #26 Predator1, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009

Why do some vegetarians choose to eat fish, but no other animals? Are fish any less deserving of our empathy than a chicken is?

We do some fucked up shit to fish that we wouldnt do to any other animal. i think its cause fish dont have eyebrows, so they cant make sad faces. I bet if a fish gave you puppy eyes while you skinned it alive before pulling its guts out and chopping off its head, you'd have a salad for lunch instead.

Edit: What good is any post without BACON?!

Attached Files:

7. I'm a Pescatarian cause my stomach is weak, can't really deal with any meat other than fish. I do this for my health, not for the animals, I find them to be quite tasty in fact.

8. i think it's for health purposes.
    not all vegetarians refrain from eating meat because of animal-loving reasons or whatever... and i guess it's difficult to find the nutrients found in fish from meatless products?

i don't know. that's just my guess.

9. Ok maybe people who only eat meat are assholes but Im gonna pull a random number out of my head and say at least 80% of the people on the planet eat meat, so theres a pretty high chance that an asshole will eat meat

10. *sigh*
    you are clearly missing my point...

going by your percentage..
    if there are 6 billion people in the world and 20% are vegetarians,
    that would make 1 200 000 000 vegetarians.

i'm assuming you know maybe... 10 vegetarians, give or take.
    so how in the hell can you make such a statement?

smug people are going to be smug people.
    assholes are going to be assholes.
    do their diets have anything to do with it? no.
    if you are a smug person, will your vegetarianism give you something else to be smug about? yes.

is it fair to say all, or even most vegetarians are smug?
    i'll let you answer that one...

11. I've definitely cut back on my meat. I'm kinda a semi-plant based diet. I just don't need all the protein and calories all the time. I try to eat for the kind of activities my body is going to experience. Like if I'm going for a bike ride I'll eat some pasta or maybe a sandwich, but if I'm not doing much or just cruisin' around I could eat a salad or yogurt and granola...

12. 2 1/2 years
    i love thai food :)

13. ^^ Be careful... most thai food contains fish sauce.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I could be. Not so much for ethical reasons, but I just love vegetarian food. My husband and son both eat meat, so it's not worth the effort to keep everything separate.

14. itis for health reason i used to be a vegetarian for a long time then my dr. told me that i should start eating meat again cause of the nutrients and what not and its better than taking a bunch of suppliments,

i dont like red meats and they've alwyas made me feel funny after eating it ( red meat ) even as a kid, i always end up in the bathroom right after ;) which was the initial reasoni became a vegeterian.. rant....

15. I've been a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian for 21 years now. I don't even think about eating meat anymore it's a foreign concept to me. Our bodies were NOT designed to eat meat, besides that I'm more a vegetarian because I hate killing animals.

I don't drink cow's milk very much either, but I do eggs and cheese.

As for those who aren't vegetarians in this thread, why don't you just go start a meat-lover's thread and leave us alone. We're not preaching to you in THIS thread, we're discussing our diets amongst ourselves

16. #36 full melt, Feb 18, 2009

Just wondering what your source is for this.

EDIT: They have people to kill the animals for you now.

17. #37 BubbleFunker, Feb 18, 2009
    Agreed! They put soy in everything. Thus it's poison.

Political reasons, I think.

Heme iron. You cannot get heme iron from vegetable matter. You need heme iron to boost red blood cells which in turn boost oxygen transport by those said red blood cells.

Psychological and spiritual reasons.

Humans are omnivorous. And furthermore, most peoples bodies behave differently according to their blood type.
    Blood types have evolved over time: O is the oldest, and does best with a carnivore diet, O's have more stomach acid which is there to break down raw meats, if you're an O type and don't eat meat, expect to have more cases of GERD (acid reflux), A's came next and do better with a grain and farm animal diet, B's come from the Mongols and are the only blood type that does well with dairy, goat, lamb, etc, and AB types can eat both A and B diets.

www.dadamo.com

The different blood types react to foods in different ways, some in beneficial ways and some in detrimental ways.
    Biologically it makes sense. Food for thought.
    Yes, I am a scientist/researcher, medical practitioner.

That said, I do understand someone's political or spiritual reasons, I just think it's a disservice to your body. Vegetarians always look so sallow and anemic.

BTW, I am a girl, and can hunt, kill and skin the animal in seconds flat! :cool::D
    I'm an O type.

18. Sometimes you can tell who are vegetarians because they dont get enough iron and their skin color reflects this.
    I hope all you vegetarians out there take suppliments on what your body needs and is missing out on.

19. I'm not e vegetarian but I will only eat an animal that I have killed myself so effectively for long periods of time i eat a vegetarian diet, I eat a lot of bee pollen and spirulina, I also make a lot of fruit leather, it's pretty good munchies. I know more people whose health suffers from eating too much meat and not enough vegetables than people who don't eat enough meat.

20. For about 2 years i only dated vegetarians. just like 3 different girls so I almost never ate meat... Because they cooked for me and who in their right mind would turn down free food.