calling all transplant experts!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lifted.again, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Strain: Big Bud(Femmed) x4
    Light: 400w MH/HPS (1st 22 days of Veg 250w MH)
    Nutes: Blue Mountain Organics Grow it Green.Flower Power.Foliar Harmony.Super Plant Tonic(not a nute i know):smoke:
    Soil: FFOF

I am about to switch over to 12/12 in about 10 days. My girls started out in party cups went into 1 gal pots and are now in 3 gal pots. I lifted up one pot and saw 1 or 2 roots creeping around the drainage holes. Do you guys think i will need to transplant again into 5 gal? is it better to do this before flowering or can i do it during?

I have been using Blue Mountain Organic's super plant tonic in the majority of the waterings. For those who dont know SPT is similar to Superthrive (but organic).

Also will i be able to fit 4 five gallon buckets in my tent?(2wide x 4long x 5high)...could someone give me the dimensions of a 5 gal bucket? (top and bottom diameter if they differ)

i tried uploading pics of the plants but it wont let me because theyre in my journal (page 15).

2. I may be wrong but could it be possible that the nutrients you are giving them are causing excessive rootage and maybe the roots are growing faster than the plant itself. Just a though I had by reading this but maybe im wrong.

3. iim not using all those nutes during veg. i just started giving it FULL strength grow it green last week. and the plant is LSTed thats why its so short and stout:D i dont think the root system is outgrowing the plant at all really, it has yet to even be root bound.

4. 5 gallon buckets are usually 11.5"x14.5" but your plants are going to get HUGE!