Calling all stoner engineers: Plug this hole!

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Rextober, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Hello everyone,

I have a glass piece that I have connected to my vape, and that glass piece unfortunately, had one of the percolator branches break off in the upper chamber, and now I'm not sure how to fix it.

[​IMG]

http://i.imgur.com/lUSvF.jpg

So I'm calling on all stoner engineers to see if you guys have any recommendations on how to plug this hole. It's making the glass piece about 50% less effective because the vapor is taking the path of least resistance and bypassing the other percolator branches altogether. Also, if I put ice in the top chamber, when it melts, the water goes through the hole into the main lower chamber, and pushes the water OUT and UP through the downstem and into the plastic tube connected to my vape.

To make matters worse, the hole is difficult to reach because of it's location (right beneath the ice catcher notch).

I need a substance that is suitable to plug the hole with and also a method to apply it in this difficult to reach location.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    -Rex

Attached Files:

2. lay the tube on its side and get a wire hanger, bend it up, and put some epoxy on the end of it and spread it over the hole to cover it :smoking:

3. According to my calculations, apply one cubic centimeter of this

[​IMG]

Sorry, I have no idea

4. you wernt looking for oil were you?

5. you're fucked my friend. :(

6. yah, don't break the trees to your perc.

id go with the wire hanger idea thats the best but there's no way you're fixing that shit without a great deal of trouble

7. LMFAO!
    i wanna help but it seems soo complicated.
    unless you use the previously mentioned coat hanger method
    fixing a glass piece broken in the inside is extremely hard.
    you have a vape so all hope isnt lost

8. I had an ice catcher hole in one of my pieces, but I plugged it with gum :)eek:) and it's now airtight. Probably not applicable to your situation but if you can somehow get down there and plug the hole with it, it could work.

I heard a guy in the headshop I went to a few weeks ago mention fixing his bong this way so I tried it. Hope your able to get it fixed though man, the wire hanger idea is probably the best shot.

9. i recommend just not putting water in the perc at all, and sorry for your real question i have no ideas how you could plug that hole

10. #10 twelvefive, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010
    if i could get my hands on it i could totally fix it, but alas, i can not. hard to figure out without the tube.

but ur best bet is to friction fit it, with play dough or a piece of cork. something you can drop down and then manuver into the hole with a hanger.

EDIT: MAE SURE WHAT U DROP IS TOO BIG TO FIT ON ITS OWN! you dont wanna plug a working perc

11. That stinks man. I think that may be the most complicated bong repair job I've ever seen. Good luck man. The playdough Idea is really thinking out of the box. Maybe try that "Mighty Puddy" stuff that the late Billy Mays sold on TV.

12. #12 consol3, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010
    silicone. fixes alot of things for me. one little dab will bring you loads of joy

EDIT: i use something called "clear rtv silicone".

13. #13 SickFairy101, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    A plastic tube, as thin as possible, which fits nicely in the perc tube, seal it with super glue, let it sit.

14. silicone would work if you can apply it without making a mess.  Hard to think of idea unless I was physically holding the piece.  Definatly going to be tricky.

15. I'm no engineer, but depending on how you look I might be willing to plug your hole.

16. Modification of the first suggestion:
    Rather than using epoxy, melt a gob of hot glue on the end of the coat hanger. Let it dry. Insert coat hanger down the piece. Approach dried gob to broken hole. With a torch lighter from the outside, heat the gob through the glass until it melts again and move it into place.

Second (more risky) idea: get a special glass cutting drill or dremel bit and burrow through the side of the piece closest to the break. Use this aperture to repair the the original break. Repair the new hole. Like surgery.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Id possibly look at using a bit of clay...

18. I think he's moved on from this piece by now guys...

19. 4 years later..... LOL

20. Get a nail or flathead tack and coat it with some goopy resin from your bowl, then insert it in the hole with a telescoping magnet or a long skinny thing with some double stick tape at the end, or just more resin :)

Make sure to de-fume the metal before using it, just in case.