Calling all Southerners (especially South Carolinans)

Discussion in 'General' started by Noxnoctum, Aug 30, 2010.

1. What animals do we have to worry about eating our plants here (other than the obvious one, deer)? I'm from here originally but haven't lived here hardly at all my whole life so I dunno...

2. My guess would be rabbits groundhogs

3. Deer would pretty much be it. Unless squirrels take a liking to the plant I think your talking about. Unless your talking about like a veggie garden then yeah rabbits too. Im pretty sure we dont have groundhogs in SC. At least Ive never seen one and I live out in the country.

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL9xCWphV8s]YouTube - Deer Suck[/ame]

5. Just deer mainly. Anything else can be dispatched with a pellet gun if it comes to close to your goods

6. Ya unfortunately (or fortunately) my crop is an hour away from where I live, and I don't plan on standing guard 24/7 :cool:

7. I think deer should be your only problem. You might have to worry about rabbits when the plants are still small. When they get bigger the rabbits will most likely eat only the lower fan leaves, which might die off in flowering anyways. Just urinate around your plants, not on them or in the soil they are growing in, just like a perimeter around your grow. That will scare off alot of pesty animals.

8. Yes I AM actually talking about pot :p

9. I don't think we have groundhogs here either >.<
    Deer is probably the biggest thing.
    Birds may year it up a little pickin off bugs, but I've never heard of a vegetarian bird.

10. I live in Sc, and the only critters I see often are rabbits, deer, and on rare occasions foxes...

In my former house there used to be several deer that lived in the woods very closeby and they would always come into my backyard. They were cool to watch.

But I have come close to hitting deer late at night in my car and that is pretty scary...

11. Watch out for those Pterodactyls.

12. So wolf piss will keep all those animals away?

13. I'm from ALERBAMER.

We have to worry about bollweevils, deer, armadillos, foxes, and rabbits. But mostly deer.

14. Better to get a real wolf to do the job for ya.