Calling all smart people.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Stigma, Aug 13, 2012.

1. :laughing:

2. Why would anyone think that's bubbles or foam, has noone ever seen liquid Co2, its also what they use to do cloud seeding. What something like that is doing there is beyond me, doesn't anyone on the forum speak Arabic.

3. #83 Turin, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    That's not liquid co2 and they use solid co2 for cloud seeding. You need pressure above 5.1 atm.

4. [quote name='"Pink_bagel"']

That's not liquid co2 and they use solid co2 for cloud seeding. You need pressure above 5.1 atm.[/quote]

Umm its the same thing, dry ice is made with liquid co2, which is obviously easier to transport.

5. Dry ice is made with liquid CO2, but once it becomes a solid (dry ice) it goes from solid straight to gas, sublimation. It doesn't melt and become a liquid, hence the name dry ice. It's used for cloud seeding cause when dropped into the atmosphere with water vapor, the expansion from solid to gas cools the vapor quickly and begins to form tiny crystals to get the ball rolling on rain.

6. [quote name='"Mantikore"']Dry ice is made with liquid CO2, but once it becomes a solid (dry ice) it goes from solid straight to gas, sublimation. It doesn't melt and become a liquid, hence the name dry ice. It's used for cloud seeding cause when dropped into the atmosphere with water vapor, the expansion from solid to gas cools the vapor quickly and begins to form tiny crystals to get the ball rolling on rain.[/quote]

I thought they used either or, Thanks for clearing that up.

7. Ok well I am looking at these artificial clouds and none of them act like what we see in the original video. Do u have any videos of anything that resembles what we see in the original video?

I honestly assumed this was some sort of fake cloud technology. Its the only thing that really made sense...other than special effects.

8. my god. we are not alone

9. That looks too white to be real.probly fake

10. Sorry about that, My pet Blastoise busted a nut.