calling all guitar players

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by justin_m, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Hey whats up yall
    I am new here and need some advice. Ever sense I got to college, I have been pretty much perpetually baked. I just picked up the guitar and love playing it while I am high. My grandma got me a 69 gibson sg thats red. The guitar is appraised at 2000$ because it is brand new, and my grandma got it at a yard sale for 50$. It is the best sounding guitar I have heard. I want to know what songs are fun while baked, and easy to learn while baked.

2. Any song you like man, play what you feel.

3. Redemption song by bob marley, and What i got by sublime are some good ones to play

4. Congratulations on pickup up the guitar, hopefully it will influence your life as much as it has mine! I personally don't like SG's but everyone has their own idea of what's good and what's bad. Awesome deal though, you got it for a steal!

I own a '73 Telecaster Deluxe and a Guild D-25 BR Acoustic. My personal advice would be to just pick up songs that inspired you to play in the first place. If I sat around and played the songs other people wanted to hear I probably wouldn't be playing anymore.

I know this by experience that when you're trying to learn a song that you don't feel, it feels like work. Playing guitar shouldn't feel like work, it should just come to you through inspiration and the fact that you love playing. Good luck man, just keep on playing what you feel deep in your soul and your guitar will always be your best friend.

5. If anything just start trying to play by ear. It will help you out so much in the long run with music in general. And just play what you feel man! Make up your own stuff, its the best way.

6. you should deffinately slap some reverb, lil bit of flange, tremolo or a phase so you get that real trippy sound. take that and play "planet caravan" by black sabbath

7. every dead song

8. yeah just get real baked and jam out some shit. i love doin that, lots of times i'll just put on a favorite band and jam out to them too :smoking:

9. dude take care of that guitar. especially if its in good condition, old guitars are worth bank. you said appraised at 2000, wait some more years.

for songs just find some songs ya like listening to and look up tablature for them online

10. I found that I didn't REALLY get interested in the guitar till I stopped playing other people's music and started learning more a bit of theory and making my own music.

You don't have to be very good to jam your own stuff. Check out the user rockongoodpeople on youtube. It's like a couple dudes, they have 500 videos or so... valuable stuff on there.