Calling all experts!! Update: Figured out nutrient problem

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Ryan Haggberg, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Help is appreciated!

First time DWC
    Outside Temp is constant at 80
    Bucket temp is low 60’s
    432w light 3in from plants
    6.2 - 6.5ph
    RO Water + CalMag (started yesterday)
    Nute balance is appropriate (Low)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Purple stems

[​IMG]
    Folding leaves

[​IMG]

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. If you just started feeding yesterday - you're a couple of weeks late. Your plants are hungry - they should be fed from day one in a hydroponic application. And like the above poster said - your pH is too high for hydroponics - it should be 5.5 - 5.8 in dwc. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Why is your light 3 inches away ? Move it up man...

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. He has a T5 fixture - you can and should put it close.

5. Not at the risk of temps being above 80...

6. I keep my t5 around 6" from the tops and have never burnt a plant. Temps above 80 won't hurt the plants.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Are those clones? What root supplements are you using?

8. Ok so yes they are clones, Platinum OG and GG#4. I moved my temp gauge to the tops of the plants and it stays a steady 75-80. Water temp stays cold at 55-60. I’m using a new RO unit, the water comes out 10ppm but after adding CalMag and flora duo jumps to 940ish, (too high maybe).

I’ll start running my Ph lower, been shooting for 6. Moved the light higher (7 inch above plants).

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. See what happens... I didn't realize they were clones though... also pH should be 5.5 to 6.2 in hydro.. so that's probably your problem for sure :)

10. Just Incase you were curious!

Update: dropped nutrient levels to 500ppm, 1/2 the recommended, and flushed the salts from my fill medium into a separate bucket. I also purchased a CMH and hung it 24in above plants. A 6in clip fan keeps the air moving, and I’m waiting on my 4x4 tent in the mail. Starting to realize environment is my main problem now. (Hits 63 at night).

[​IMG]

With the lowered nutrient levels I’m seeing a drastic change for better. The new growth is coming in nice and green, and not droopy like my nitrogen overloaded bottom leaves.
    (First time mixing nutrients for Hydroponics)

[​IMG]

11. 63 won't hurt it to bad.. mine gets down to 59 sometimes.. makes it purple.. :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. IMG_1164.JPG

Girls in their second week of flower