Calling all Day Z survivors

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Buddha123, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Have you guys ever played Wasteland? It's another Arma II mod that I've been playing a lot lately. It's basically Day Z except no zombies and a LOT more PvP.

2. If anyone want to play add me on steam or Skype iron_granny69

3. #123 full melt, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
    So today I was about 900 meter south of NW Airfield headed there in hopes of finding a car. I was wearing a guillie and my only weapon was an enfeild which I can say I am quite proficient with. I heard a heli in the distance so I dropped to the ground and as the chopper (Little Bird) flew by I told him to do a flip or something. It did and continued to fly by me so I started running for better cover. I made it do better cover and it circled my area about 3 times before the passenger bailed out of the chopper in what I assume was an effort to find me.

When he hit the ground he immediately headed to the area I was at before trying to find me. I kept a close eye on him until I realized the chopper had stopped flying and was hovering about 300 meters off the ground about 600 meters away from me. I guess he was waiting for his buddy on the ground to kill me.

I figured with nothing to lose I lined up my shot and... Bang...Bang... Pilots dead, chopper hits the ground.

I quickly look back for his buddy on the ground and he is running toward a group of about 3 cars (200+ car server) in an effort to escape. First he gets in a grey car but quickly realizes its to slow so he gets out and gets in a hatchback. I quickly shoot out a tire from around 500 meters (Lucky shot). He gets out and hops in a pickup truck and speeds off. I made a couple pot shots at him but miss as he drives off.

I figured he was a lost cause so I went off in search of a car. I ended up finding a blue betty van near the wall of the NW airfield about 5 minutes after he escaped and figured id make out after him.

I must have been driving for about 10 minutes and had basically given up hope on finding the dude and was just looking for a place to park the van and log off. That's when I see a pickup parked, among many on the road next to an army camp the admin made on the most northeast corner of the map. He is looting a crashed chopper on the side of the road and quickly hides in a pine tree when he sees me roll up in my death mobile. Not quickly enough though... I get out and he starts running. I make chase and eventually catch up enough to take a shot. Just as he turns around I take one shot with the enfield.

Bang. Headshot.

He had a DMR as his primary and an M107 (No ammo unfortunately) in his backpack. Stole them both, threw them his truck and drove off safely.

Fucking love the Enfield.

4. I really want to play this game.

I went into a local comic shop that has a couple console gaming systems. They also had some computers but didnt have the Day Z mod. I spoke to a guy working there and he couldnt give 2 shits about my request for them to get it.

5. It's a lot of fun dude, for sure.

If anyone is still playing and wants to team up sometime post in this thread and maybe we can play this week. I will probably play everyday this week from 8pm to whenever so I'm flexible.

6. I may play tonight, what map do you usually play? Also what time zone are you in? This mod was the reason a built my pc lol

7. #127 full melt, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013

Hey, I mostly play on chernarus. Taviana is okay as well but I've only played it a couple times so I don't know my way around. The server I usually play on is called ped mans. Lots of action, extra cars and heli's and shit.

My time zone is EST. So its 10:37 here now and Im just about to hope on.

8. Why can't you download it and play?

9. So did my slow ass just catch on to the Mod being added to the Steam market or..?:confused_2:

10. It hasn't been up that long, and your better off udon the dayz commander anyways.

11. Day Z isn't a game you go out and buy. It's a totally free mod. You have to buy Arma II: Combined Operations (i think its on sale on steam right now) and then download Day Z.

12. Anybody playing the Arma 3 alpha?

13. I added you. Im bockscar2 on steam.

14. ADD ME ON STEAM "gros_frag",  looking to play dayz with others, decent recon/nav and tactical skills

15. Just downloaded..bout to play for the first time right now..

Steam is ClapYoHandz

16. Hey what's it cost right now? I really wanna get started playing this, seen a couple videos over the years and it's just sick as hell.

17. Can someone help me out? I just got this game and in playing but I always die so quick because I have no weapon.

18. Can someone PM me with how to play? This game looks amazing but I can't figure it out :(

They released a stand-alone version now so there's really no excuse.

20. No they haven't.