Call to action!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Frasier, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Hello GC folks!

I'd like to encourage everyone on here to help out with your local animal shelters/hospitals. Each year hundreds of animals are abandoned or abused and with the ever increasing pet population shelters are at their limits!

When shelters can't rehome animals they often have them put down, yes even those shelters that claim to not do euthanasia will send off animals to be put down. It's especially worse this time of year, many animals are given as gifts for the holidays but kittens and puppies don't stay small for very long and these animals are often abandoned or dropped off at shelters.

So what can you do to help?!

Well simply contact your local vet or animal clinic and see what you can do! Donations, community service, or adoption all really benefit these places and help out our fluffy friends.

Please, have a heart and do what you can to help out our four legged companions.

Thank you, and god bless!

"It's getting hard to be someone
    But it all works out
    It doesn't matter much to me"

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Adopting a furbaby or two is a great start.
    The Pet Mafia has five members. All are rescues. All have a proper forever home.
    Never a dull moment around here.
    DSC_9165x.jpg DSC_8333M.jpg DSC_8175n.jpg DSC_8056_DxOsized.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  3. My Cat has not been back for 2 days

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's concerning. Try the nip and wet food. If that other cat shows up chase it off.

"Jouw bil is een krokodil, hap hap, met je krokobil"

5. Did you see my PM

6. Bump

"Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'
    Tossed salad and scrambled eggs.."

7. [​IMG]
    Peeps on the left was adopted at 2 and a half years old. I can't believe people passed on her for that long. She was abused and can't meow so she makes little chimp noises, hence the name. She's the most intelligent and trainable animal I've ever worked with and I've worked for a kennel that trains service dogs. Nova on the right was a stray and a dumpster cat. She was a kitten when I found her. She has cat ADD and you can't teach her anything but that's a tortie for ya. Tons of energy and is really extremely vocal.

If I had a larger place, I would definitely adopt more. For now I donate every time I purchase food at the local pet store.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The torties are fuckin gorgeous. The coats on these cats are hit/miss (either gorgeous or ugly as fuck) and a lot of them, especially males, have the cat version of down's syndrome.

I'm fortunate Nova does not. Though it is less common in females.

9. It makes me sick that GC members would rather circle jerk in WWE threads and argue in pointless political threads about Oprah but couldn't give two shits about the animals we share the planet with....

It's disgusting, and sad...

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. We can't control other people, only what we do. Let's just clean our side of the street so we can set a good example.

• Like Like x 2
  11. The two Torties are litter mates and females. The Torties and the Domestic Shorthair came from the same house and were raised together. All three were in bad shape when we got them.
    Tortie pics
    PG (Pretty Girl)
    DSC_7244.jpg

Shoosh the clown
    DSC_7309_DxOsized.jpg

Pickles or Jabba the Cat
    DSC_9772x.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. I suggest using this thread to feature rescue pets belonging to GC members.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. #15 Dizzy, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Good thread @Azzanadra much respect. As you know I just adopted a kitty not that long ago lbvs.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I know, you're one of the few who care =)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. I created a separate thread for that here:
    Share your rescue!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

16. Why can't i like animals & WWE:confused_2:
    :laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Many years ago, as a young felon, I did my community service at the local Humane Society. The message they kept trying to spread was to get your pets fixed.

2 fertile cats can become hundreds fast.

• Like Like x 1

18. N/P man I love all Animals. If I could I would save them all!

• Like Like x 1