Call of Duty 2: The high point of the series?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Deleted member 506764, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Yeah CoD 3 was fun but it needed voice chat. It was a pretty good showing for the first CoD on a next gen console and the first one by treyarch. CoD WaW had vehicles too, but I think that's the last one.

2. #22 Deleted member 506764, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013

I have not heard of Day of Defeat. Is it good? I played both 4 and 2 on the pc, where all play occurs on player owned servers. I actually enjoyed that aspect of it because each server had its own culture and there were a few I got used to playing on and really liked. My favorite one was a CoD 2 server where the game was always played on a custom map (farm assault I think it was called) and it was always just regular (not team) deathmatch. That map and the people that played on it just made it so much more competitive. There were a few buildings that people would fight over possession of and there were some weapons you couldn't start with that you could pick up and basically everyone knew where they were and would sometimes battle for a gun they wanted.

Lately though I've just been playing Halo 4. I never really played that much Halo since I didn't have an Xbox until recently but I've really gotten into it. A lit of longtime Halo fans I've talked to were kind of disappointed with 4 though and said they liked 3 and 2 better. So nobody is really satisfied...

3. Day of Defeat: source Is made by Valve and is like counterstrike with ww2 skins. it is a great game. Pretty sure you can get it on steam for 5 to 10 bucks now.

4. rember when cod was remembered as realistic shooter ? lol that was a while ago lol

5. I played CoD2 a lot. I probably put more time in it than any other CoD game. For some reason I never played the first. Maybe I will sometime.

6. The first one is alright as are the expansions to it. You can buy it at the PlayStation store for like 10 bucks if you have a ps3. What I didn't like about the original Call of Duty was that it worked on the old health bar system that first person shooters have all but abandoned these days. You could pick up med packs pretty frequently but still I prefer the way health worked in CoD 2.

7. I miss COD2 on the PC. A few buddies and I hosted our own public server way back then. Those were the days.

8. COD2 was so great. Too mad they can't replicate it.

COD2 high point

COD3 low point.

9. Why bother, they can release some horribly made generic shooter which they do and everyone under the sun will buy it.

10. This is the problem. It's all about appeasing the masses.

11. Ehh I wouldn't say "horribly" made. There are far worse shooters out there. The series has indeed gotten extremely repetitive though. With that being said, if they did drastically change the dynamic of the game, people would complain that it's not COD anymore. It's an arcade shooter now. People should look to games like battlefield and Arma if they want a more serious shooter experience.

12. It's not that I really have a problem with the gameplay itself, I just would like them to do a better job of balancing it. I don't know if maybe they could introduce playlists where only certain types of weapons were used. For instance a version of team deathmatch where your primary weapon had to be an assault rifle, your secondary had to be a pistol, your grenades were frags, and there were no perks. Killstreak rewards would either not exist or be the same for everyone.

Thing is, I don't think many people would play this if it was available. The problem is people aren't looking for a fair CoD, they're looking for a CoD with different things they can use to gain an advantage over everyone else so that they will win. And you know what, if it's what the people want then it's what the developers should do. I might just stop buying the new CoD when it comes out, I've already stopped buying the infinity ward ones.

That said, I do like gun game and sticks and stones so as long as those two games are kept I might keep getting the treyarch releases at least.

13. The newest blops 2 is very well balanced is terms of a call of duty is by far the best there is no best gun or staple class as in past games that were the tryhard classes

Cod 4 m16 mp5 and m40
    cod 5 mp40
    cod 6 ump45 and noob tubes
    cod 7 ak 74 I think the sub machine gun
    Cod 8 acr and mp7
    now cod 9 blops 2 there is no gun you can say the best that everyone is using maybe the m27 and the msmc or the fal and pdw?

Even go on youtube and most commentators will just say there isn't a gun to pick

C4 and perks aren't even but all the guns are very well balanced together in the newest game

14. Cod 4 was amazing...all downhill from there. I get depressed thinking back to when halo 3 and cod 4 were both in their prime. I was a slave to those games, its a shame to see 2 franchises get raped my the greed of developers. I dont think that tine of my life can ever be fulfilled like it was back then. Then again I was 14, no resoonsibilties and had discovered the awesomeness of online multiplayer. Those were the days...

15. Yeah, but at the same time the industry is stagnating as no-one wants to be innovative as they can just make generic shooter 321 and it will sell. It's sad.

Also how most other modern FPS's try to copy COD in someway, is terrible.

16. I think the original Call of Duty is still the best, but that might just be nostalgia talking. Next to that, Call of Duty 4 is the second best. I don't rate Call of Duty 2 too highly, it was too similar to the original without making any significant changes, but I still enjoyed it. After the original, and then Call of Duty 4, I would say Black Ops (the first) is the third best. It made significant changes, and was a game which I got many, many hours of enjoyment from.

This is all just my opinion though. The original Call of Duty multiplayer was some of the best multiplayer fun I have had in my life. Better than any CoD after it, except MAYBE CoD 4.

17. I think there's 9 call of duty's isn't there? Lol

18. Ahh man I fucking loved COD 2. The multiplayer was so fun, so was the campaign. COD 4 is definitely the high point though. I remember playing the beta, was blown away. COD 3 multiplayer was really fun too, it was different, it was treyarchs own style and it worked. All COD's after that are just COD 4 done to a lesser standard again and again.

19. I was also 14 when I discovered the awesomeness of online multiplayer back in 07. I would be at school thinking about getting home and playing all day, then I would get home and play most of the night haha. It was at that age that I started becoming quite depressed and fed up with school and life and all the bullshit, and video games were a great escape from reality at that time. I love Halo 4 though.

20. Yea I enjoyed COD3's multiplayer as well. I liked how you could designate which maps you did and didn't want to play then the matchmaking would choose a server based on your preferences.