Call me Macgyver.

Discussion in 'General' started by terradactyl, Apr 23, 2009.

1. alright so yesterday my charger for my macbook broke.. i was pretty pissed about this, but i've hadmy computer for 3 years so it definitely wasnt under warranty..

a new charger costs 80 bucks.. for a freakin charger. i dont have that kinda money to spend right now, so i took things into my own hands and broke out the soldering iron and went to work.

the cable that connects it all has a wire inside a wire basically, the inner wire being the one that supplys power ( i think) and the outer wire, surrounding the inner wire, called the sheild. i seperated these two wires with my skills, and the got two pieces of wire and soldered them to their respective places on the adapter thingy that attaches the charger to the computer. i dont think im doing a very good job explanin, so here are some pictures.

sorry for the big pics

inner wire and shield wire connecting to adapter
    [​IMG]

wires coverd up
    [​IMG]

omg yay it works!
    [​IMG]

anyways, i feel pretty stoked about doing tthis and having it work :cool:

2. haha nice! i had been battling this problem myself. i ordered a new cord online for 35$. but until it came i macgyver rigged the hell out of it.

3. props, man. that's some good work

4. what can you make with a toothpick a rubber band and a paperclip?

5. yeah when i get some money im gonna get a new one, cuz this shit aint gonna last forever

i could make a gun thatll shoot straight through your eye! :cool:

6. i started a few fires with a paperclip and a used match instead of a toothpick