Call me Johnny Appleweed ..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Clstcnnbscltvtr, Mar 25, 2012.

1. #1 Clstcnnbscltvtr, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
    I'm constantly tossing seeds in the hopes for what has happened. The weather has been perfect for the last 4-5 days and I saw these yesterday. :D

DSC00976.JPG
    DSC00983.JPG

** Found this one just after posting. It is in a terrible spot - shaded by a structure after about 2pm.
    DSC01004.JPG

I have two simple questions. How soon can I move them out of the ground and into pots? And which of the following would be the best source for water: Rain barrel, nearby creek, evaporated tap, or wholesale distilled water?

They're so cute. :p

EDIIIIIIT: After reading some of the stickies and generally educating myself on outdoor grows. I think I will use a spot I had picked out last year. I'm just going to go plant a bunch of starter cubes and wire them off - i'll share if anything exciting happens.

The pictured sprouts will remain until I think they're strong enough to transplant somewhere else. Another week or so.

2. You can prolly move them whenever. Question though - why would you throw seeds outside in hopes of having them sprout in order to put them in pots? Why not put the seeds in pots in the first place, skipping the middleman?

3. #3 Clstcnnbscltvtr, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    Haha, a fair question. It's pure curiosity - I've done a few indoor grows and I wanted to see what mother nature would produce. The land all around here is immensely fertile. Moist, soft top soil with the fattest earthworms under most any rock. All of the greenery near the creek explodes this time of year and the ecosystem is quite diverse, natural. I'm stoned i'll stop now. :rolleyes:

Now I just want to plant them in a good spot and see what happens in ~5 months. :p

.. oh. I want them in pots because at night/dawn deer are EVERYWHERE. They wouldn't last very long. Hence why I need to move them quickly. lol

4. Looks sick bro, Keep us updated, I'll be there in a week or two aswell :D

5. [quote name='"Clstcnnbscltvtr"']

Haha, a fair question. It's pure curiosity - I've done a few indoor grows and I wanted to see what mother nature would produce. The land all around here is immensely fertile. Moist, soft top soil with the fattest earthworms under most any rock. All of the greenery near the creek explodes this time of year and the ecosystem is quite diverse, natural. I'm stoned i'll stop now. :rolleyes:

Now I just want to plant them in a good spot and see what happens in ~5 months. :p

.. oh. I want them in pots because at night/dawn deer are EVERYWHERE. They wouldn't last very long. Hence why I need to move them quickly. lol[/quote]

You must live near me in good ol ga brother!! looks good why don't you just tie some fishing line aroud the trees around the plans or you can always put a tomato cage around it take dog hair their shoot them if you have to protect the crop

6. #6 Clstcnnbscltvtr, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
    I do love LST and she is responding nicely.

DSC01012.JPG

And this is from my other account. I've had a lot of love for LST in the past. :p

7. DSC01014.JPG

DSC01026.JPG

Slowly growing. Once the warm weather settles in and the roots have had plenty of time to grow. She'll explode.

I've been trying to keep the bugs off but I'll need to start looking at some sprays. I've found at least 4-5 different kinds that like to sit under the leaves. One was what seemed to be an inch-worm that had glued two different sets of leaves together.

I'm assuming the black spots were from the bugs trying to feed on it. They're very tiny and don't seem to be spreading.

I can't wait til next month. :cool:

8. I've never topped a plant. I can see that the time is now if I want to.

I will decline. I can do it on other sets and there has been enough stress from the cold.

9. sub'd ! Good luck.

using Any liquid ferts?

10. Too early to top those plants anyway bro wait for at least two sets of full fan leaves first.

11. hey, thanks.

i don't have any in mind. i might order some more Superthrive when i figure out what i need for bug control. i'd love some organics for flowering - get all that lovely flavor to come out. Earth Juice

12. honestly anything will work. Even an all purpose one will work great.. i just used a random 10-15-10 that i found in my shed and i mixed in a TINY bit of miracle grow... any i saw great results. :cool: