Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

call me a lightweight but...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Audion, Jan 10, 2011.

1. I think I may have smoked way to much last night, and either greened out or maybe even triggered a small panic attack. i started out feeling really high, and really happy. I soon began to feel really jittery. This sort of thing has happened before so I thought eh your fine just chill out and be high. Then I start to experience the most bizzare sensation in my chest. My heart was beating fast, and I felt a weird stabbing, digging sensation in my chest. It wasnt pain, just a disturbing sensation and thinking that something was digging in my chest. I was very nervous and uncomfortable at this point. It got better, but never went away. I looked up panic attack and a symptom is chest pain or discomfort (definitely describes it well) So did I get way to high and freak out, and maybe even work myself up into a panic?

Just let it be known that I'm not bashing weed. It was my mistake. I'm new to adding kief to bowls and think that i was far to liberal last night while packing bowls with some kief.

2. i think first time with kief was the reason. you probably got way too high too fast that you felt uncomfortable. ive had my heart race after kief bowl packs also, its normal i think because its a concentrated amount of smoke

3. You definitely could have smoked yourself into a mini-panic attack. More like you smoked a lot, and let yourself 'think' you were having a panic attack of sorts, and the paranoia only increased the strange feelings.

It has happened to me before, usually with some 10/10 bud, after a t-break, and I've gotten to the point where I can calm myself down by repeatedly telling myself it will go away, and to not waste my high feeling like that. You will find getting up, moving around, eating, playing a video game, etc... will help get rid of that feeling.

4. Thats exactly what I tried to do. Made it better but I was still freaked out. That kief is no joke!

5. It has nothing to do with being a lightweight or not, we all have our limits and the negative side effects of marijuana is absolutely not limited to newbies or light smokers. I've been smoking for almost 10 years (daily for half that) and I still get anxiety, increased heartrate, and nausea from time to time. If I'm dry for a few days and then get too high, I will feel nauseous and my heart rate will spike. I've also found I can't smoke before I go into work because I'll feel incredibly anxious up until the minute I arrive, which usually comes with a very quick heartbeat. You simply got too high, it happens to us all ;)

6. thanks so much guys. it was a shitty experience. mostly because i was annoyed that i basically just wasted the last of my weed and kief. The worst part was I new I was really high but I couldnt enjoy it.

7. Kief is the shit man :smoke:

8. shit, with weed it's good to be a lightweight. That means you can smoke less to get high.

9. This.
    You should know your limits, and how much you can smoke without feeling uncomfortable.

10. happened to me before . Its pretty much smoking to much to quickly you gotta smoke then chill for a bit then rip another. :smoke:

11. I had kinda the same experience actually. When I was living with my parents (KEEP IN MIND THEY KNOW I SMOKE!) I smoked myself literally stupid and started feeling cold/jittery. So all I did was put more clothes on, got into my bed and got warm... in maybe 5 minutes I was fine ... had the TV on too so that probably took my attention off me. Anyway, point of the story is if you do smoke too much it can happen, but it's just your body saying slow down or stop and relax (at least for me), just put the bowl/J/Blunt down and relax, turn the TV on... and enjoy.