caligrowkit or any others that are better??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Space_Ghost, May 24, 2011.

1. Hey blades!!

Can anyone share personal experience with the CaliGrowKit or recommend an easy in home grow for around $300-400

2. Doesnt look like the worst deal. I was in a similar case when I started to grow beginning of this year and was going to go with supercloset. Then was talked out of it and bought everything I need seperaterly and assembled it. Was easy as pie to do and saved money. There biggest kit has a 150w HPS that would not be the greatest. I paid 150 for my 400 HPS Tube. Then you have to buy the tent or make the box your gonna put it in.

But on the break down of what I paid.

150 HPS light
    80 Grow Tent
    10 Timer
    15 Temp Guage
    30 Nutes
    30 Soil
    18 Mylar

So a little over 300 for all of that. Then about 250 for some additional stuff. Carbon Filter, Fans, Ducting.

3. it is an open ballast ( aka. no cover or heat sink) .. just be sure you are careful with it.

IMHO .. you would be better off buying 200 dollar 400 watt switchable ..building your own hydro system ( that one is a tote with holes an some air stones..it literally cost 12 bucks to make)
    and using the Lucas Formula for nutrition. all total it would cost you 50 bucks more ..and yield 10 times as much ....

have a look around the DIY thread

Wharf

4. You should have gone with supercloset. :)