!!!CALIFORNIANS(18+) Register to VOTE DEADLINE OCT 18th!!! LEGALIZE THE PLANT

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by borked, Oct 5, 2010.

1. #21 borked, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
    If you watch those videos above, it'll help you understand(if you don't know already) and appreciate what Cannabis is and has done for us as humans...how integral it has been in the evolution of man. It's simply criticized and outlawed purely for monetary purposes.

He(todd) also finally helps lift the cloud of Sativa vs Indica and all that noise

2. Cypress Hill Smokeout Fest Promises Marijuana Tent - The Boombox

3. IS NOT relevant but still pretty shitty..stop being bullied you pussies.

In the United States, a new law proposal called The Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act (COICA) was introduced last week, and there will be a hearing in front of the Judiciary Committee this Thursday.

If passed, this law will allow the government, under the command of the media companies, to censor the internet as they see fit, like China and Iran do, with the difference that the sites they decide to censor will be completely removed from the internet and not just in the US.

Please see the following article from the Huffington Post for more information.

Stop the Internet Blacklist/

4. Cant wait till its legal!Even though im on the opposite side of Cali lol :rolleyes:

5. Register and vote!!

6. #26 bareyb, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
    You mean like with Alcohol prohibition? New York was the "California" of Prohibition. First they made "medical alcohol" available, and then they legalized it outright and told the Feds to go fuck themselves.. Three years later it was legal in the whole country. All it takes is for one state to stand up.

Four other states have legalization measure on their 2012 Ballots. If Cali passes 19, you can bet it will pass in those other states too. The tide is finally shifting and people are waking up to the FRAUD has been perpetrated on us all.

7. I live in California.
    I am registered to vote in California.
    I will be voting in the November 2nd election.
    I have not used marijuana in over 23 years.
    I'm not sure if I will ever use marijuana again.

I will be voting YES on Proposition 19.

8. Thank you!

9. Decided by majority vote of the people brother. Basically, a Proposition (Prop 19 for example) is by vote of the people, A Senate Bill (SB 1449 for example) is voted on by the state congressional politicians and then goes to the governor for signature, passage by non-signature or vetoed.

10. I'm assuming you're at least 18 years old:

(b) Every person 18 years of age or over who furnishes, administers, or gives, or offers to furnish, administer, or give, any marijuana to a minor 14 years of age or older shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a period of three, four, or five years.

11. I wonder if those penalties have gone down since SB1449 made Pot an infraction? I know the part of Prop 19 that says you can't smoke in the same space as a minor and can only have a 5 x 5 grow are now only infractions instead of a misdemeanor like they used to be before SB1449 passed.

12. #32 Kanatiki, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010

i feel the same way, but even if its legalized we would have amsterdam-esque coffee houses popping up to maintain the culture. I think coffee houses would be wayyyyyyy better than bars, especially if they serve alcohol at night (8pm) and serve food during the day. I'd have to build my own to live in it :D cant wait to have a restaurant that serves people with munchies!!

tho i need to go to amsterdam before its legalized to have the experience

13. fffuuuuuu-

I just realized I'll be in Maui(Maui Wowie anyone?) on Nov. 2nd )=

Is there any way I can still participate?!?!

14. Yes, you can vote via mail instead of being at the ballot offices on Nov 2nd.

You NEED TO GO REGISTER RIGHT NOW if you have not done so yet.

Vote By Mail - Elections & Voter Information - California Secretary of State

15. Right on. Here's an easy way to register for anyone that's interested. For once the legal system is working in OUR favor. Rock the vote people! Let's kick their asses!!! :)

Rock the Vote: register to vote, get educated, volunteer

16. Bump... all the tokers in the country are relying on those in Cali to register and vote on November 2nd. Please don't let us down blades!!

17. #38 poooops, Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2010
    errrm did you forget the civil war?

1. california would not secede from the states over this

2. it is no longer for a state to secede from the nation

3. federalists still control what is going down

i live in California and i am very interested in what is going to happen after this, but if you truly believe that states have separate rights then you must be confused. if the federal government wants to control something then they will either deprive this state of something or just screw us some other way and all i can hope for is that the tax will compensate that, but i honestly doubt it.

18. Register to vote! Get out there and help! Tell your friends, parents and anyone who you think might vote our way.

Reasons to vote yes on 19:

1. Marijuana is the biggest cash crop in the state and the public gets NO cut from the money.
    2. The cost of Marijuana prohibition, enforcement, prosecution, incarceration, probation and rehabilitation is all paid for with your tax money.
    3. Al Capone was successful because of prohibition. The same is true for modern drug cartels. If Marijuana is legal, they are out of business.
    4. Controlled and regulated products are safer. The odds of anyone being hurt by additives or unsafe product drops significantly.

More information and how you can volunteer to help at the Yes on 19 website as follows:

yeson19.com

YES ON 19!

19. just wanted to say, last night we had a little bonfire party in the woods, and I asked my friend "are you registered to vote?" and hes like nah. So i'm all "DUDE what about prop 19?" and he was like "whats that"

:rolleyes: