Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

California vacation + medical card possible?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by bukstud4u, Jul 9, 2008.

1. waddup...so i plan on visiting Cali within a year or so. would it possible for me to get a medical card without being a citizen of Cali? like...i think i'll say that i just moved there and didn't a chance to get a Cali license yet. bc damn...i really wanna try the bud there. the best of the best hahahahahhaha :smoking:

2. pretty sure you have to be a resident for 1+ years.

3. For one, stop trying to abuse the system. For two, you need CA state ID of some form so no. Get some bud on the streets, it's not too hard.

4. Hes right... as long as you know the right ppl you can get club quality in cali from regular dealers... my dealer hooks me up with club shit all the time for club prices.

5. THank you!!
    I'm in a non-MMJ state and have illnesses which I am interested in using medical marijuana for such as Crohn's disease. People abusing the system in states with MMJ programs are only going to make it harder for the ill to get programs started in other states.

You are a recreational user. THere's a difference.

6. Well move to CA and get treatment! Do you really think him not getting a card is gonna help you out in your state? Surely not, you seem smarter than that.
    And how do you know a doctor won't suggest medical marijuana for one of his conditions? Get off your high horse!

Bring your Birth Certificate and SS Card/ Government ID and go to the DMV your first day there. Get a temp ID card. Wait 7 days and get your real card then go to a Dr. and see of one of your ailments qualify for treatment. Smoke and be happy!

7. Maybe the OP does have a legit medical condition, and if he does, I apologize. I just didn't get that impression from his post.

As to making a cross-country move in search of legal weed. I can barely get out of bed in the morning. I'm not exactly up to the task of such an endeavor. I'm sick. Sorry, it can make me cranky sometimes. ;)

8. Dude, after reading my post I think I came off a little like an asshole. I'm not going to delete it but I do apologize If that seemed discordant.

I think we're all fighting for the same end result. We all want marijuana to be legal and we want insurance companies to pay for treatment in serious medical cases (like yours). We want the DEA to bust down doors to meth labs and crack houses instead of dispensaries. We want our tax dollars to be spent fighting poverty and drug addiction and the causes of those problems. We want our doctors and scientists to really study marijuana and hemp plants.

I think we all need to realize that there's a plethora of uses for marijuana and every tax paying American should be allowed to choose whether they want to smoke it or not. Just like beer and tobacco. That's all I'm saying.

I hope one day voters/government in your state will come around so people like you don't have to continue suffering.
    God Bless.