California State schools

Discussion in 'General' started by kancastank, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Whats going on yall

I live in the bay area and i am going to a community college, but im transferring to one of five of the schools in the cal state system. Im looking to major in business entrapeneurship or maybe business management and a minor in communications since im trying to run my own doggie daycare one day.

I applied to san francisco, san jose, chico, los angeles and san diego. What im looking for in a school is basically 20,000+ kids, big city school. Ive checked out the first three that i named since their all around me and i like all of their campuses.

I feel like i liked san fran the best just because of how natural and peaceful the whole campus felt. I would say it is my top pick, but only thing im bummed
    about is that san fran weather kinda blows. The constant breeze can feel nice at times, but its always just foggy and cloudy.

Chico was cool, it was in a small town (im more looking for schools in a city) and the campus was pretty laid back. There was a lot of trees and a little river running thru, again it felt like a pretty serene campus. Plus everyone knows chico has a big name for being a party school, but its not like any other college wont have any parties.

San jose was alright, i liked how big thecampus was. Honestly tho, it kinda smelled like shit in a couple different parts and the surrounding city didnt seem as open and relaxed as san fran is. I didnt see much of it so i cant really have a solid opinion, but san jose kinda looked a little bummy (correct me if im wrong)

So im just kinda reaching out to you guys for some feedback on any of the schools i mentioned. Even if you went to one of them or you know someone that did, itd be cool if you could give me a better idea of the state schools around here since im new to the area

TLDR: im applying to five cal state schools: chico, san francisco, san jose, san diego, los angeles. Im just Looking for some feedback on them

2. Base your school of the career you want to pursue, not the smell and setting of it. All I can tell you is get ready for another raise in tuition ( SD wise)

What's your major

3. I think i put it in the first or second paragraph, but im majoring in either business entrapeneurship or business managemet, maybe minor in communications. Im trying to open my own business in the next ten years

4. Also im not only wondering about the education level, but i just want to hear experiences people had at the school whether they be good or bad. Itll help me sort it out and maybe make the decision a bit easier

5. i don't mean to sound like I'm spamming or some shit like that...but...

collegeprowler.com is a pretty great website when it comes to finding out about schools.

pretty much students reviews of every aspect.

other then that i can't help you at all here.

6. [quote name='"john164"']i don't mean to sound like I'm spamming or some shit like that...but...

collegeprowler.com is a pretty great website when it comes to finding out about schools.

pretty much students reviews of every aspect.

other then that i can't help you at all here.[/quote]

Thanks man, ill check it out. Good looks