California Roots Festival /San Fran trip

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by spexmoneymaker, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Hey, is anyone else going to this festival? I will be heading over to Cali from NJ to check this out. It looks like its going to be one hell of a time. The location is about 2 hours south of San Fransico, so I plan on checking that out as well.

What should I do with my 2 days in San Fran? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

California Roots Music and Arts Festival:: May 24-25-26, 2013

2. No one has any suggestions on what I should do with my time in San Fran?

3. I'm going to that show, went last year and shit was nuts.

Three awesome days of sick music. Just go with the flow and explore

4. Yea I'm definitely gonna be exploring. Was hoping to hear some lesser known local shit I should check out.
    Is the herb gonna be flowing like water at the festival? Last time I went to Cali I knew some friends that moved there and were able to hook me up nice. The super green crack was superb lol. She moved back to NJ because of a baby so I'm gonna need to look a little harder this time around.

5. im an hour away from sf and i know whats up. if you wanna explore sf, dont go on those lame trolley shits. spend an afternoon sitting on hippie hill or buena vista park which is the haight/castro district, if you're the shopping time, there's a huge mall with like a trillion stories inside on market street, dont be struttin around mission district - its sketchy, (story: back in the summer, i was with my friend and he was picking up from what looked like a sweet house from the outside, but when i was waiting in the car with my other friend, this creepy old homeless man came out of nowhere and banged on the windows and our windows were slightly open and he was putting his fingers in there and holy shit terrifying daze), and that reminds me of fisherman's wharf... its a stretch and the bay bridge is hella close but the calm chowda is the bomb, just watch out for the tree man who hides behind a trash man who scares people who walk by... he gets tips which is crazy, like why didnt i think of that? places you should eat are mortons steak house if you like steak and wouldn't mind spending a couple of benjies, definitely hit up the ghirardelli chocolate factory/restaurant if you wanna get gain weight and sugar coat your teeth, oh yeah i forgot the golden gate bridge - you dont have to walk the entire thing, just get your touristy snapshot, ummm yeah thats all i got

6. haha thanks stonergirl. that's the type of info i was looking for. i'm def gonna check out hippie hill and maybe that chocolate factory. Also want to check out the seals at the wharf.
    you goin to the festival?

anyone know of a good bar with a nice craft beer selection? i'd like to try out some local brew.

7. Last year I think the festival was sponsored by kona, this year by sierra nevada so there will be a lot of beers. If you want to try some good stuff go for some mendecino brewery or lost coast