California Poppy (Anyone Tried It?)

Discussion in 'General' started by bkadoctaj, Jun 7, 2007.

1. I read in a book awhile ago that you can actually smoke California Poppies for noticeable opiate-like effects. It seemed like bullshit to me, but I went ahead and tried it. I've tried it with fresh flowers and dried flowers, but the effect I get, if any, is very minimal. Just wanted to know if anyone else has tried it, and would be curious to know how it went. Apparently, making a tea from them works as well, but I can't attest to that. :)

2. I've never smoked them.

I grow them in our garden and tinctured the fresh plant (the whole thing, not just the flowers).
    Or you can make a tea if you dry them.

It won't get you high at all, but it's a great sleep aid.
    Taking a tolerance break? California poppy tincture or tea just might help you get to sleep faster (I don't know about smoking ithem).

This is so much better than valerian, that stuff smalls like sickly sweet death.

3. it's about as true as the nutmeg theory thing.

4. Actually, I read that nutmeg works quite well. Look on Erowid. There are some really interesting reports on there.

5. well in my case it's bullshit.

6. Yeah, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you do get a chance to experience it, whatever it may be like. :) By the way, some people have random tolerances to things, such as Salvia. I've been reading that about 10-15% of people say they don't feel any effects from it. Who knows? I just know it's powerful enough when I use it.

7. ahaha that nutmeg stuff didnt work with me it tasted horid to