California Orange Bud

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ceelo, Jul 27, 2006.

1. <HR style="COLOR: #d1e1d5" SIZE=1> I have a couple of questions on this strain. First question, is cali orange mostly sativa or indica I know it's mixed but whats the percentage? Does this strain really taste and smell like citrus? How do the buds look, do they have of crystals on them, and what color hairs does it have? How much yeild have got from one plant if you ever grew this strain under a 400W HPS and a month of vegetation. I would also love see some budshots and pics of this strain.

2. bumb.........

3. The first result of a google search "California Orange" gives you all the info you need. Go look it up.

- Vince

4. i grew out cali orange. i was very unimpressed. indoors and out. its now out of my rotation and the genetics that i have are gone to the wind. this strain will definately NOT be the strain for a 400HPS.

take my advice and move to another strain. there are some phenominal strains out now.

400w isnt much, i would stick to some smaller strains, like blueberry.

5. To late I already bought it. In what conditions did you grow inside and what made u not like the strain yeild, potency, growing rate?

6. Is this really how california orange bud looks or does? I never seen any bud that looks like this and I seen budshots of california orange but it didnt look anything like this.I got the picture off of a website that says this is california orange.

[​IMG]

7. I am sorry for posting a pic that is so big I just dont know how to resize it.

8. If you want to know what Orange bud from dutch passion seeds looks like check out my grow. Orange bud is the cali orange strain brought to Holland in the 70's and selectively bred out to get orange bud. The link to my orange bud grow is in my sig. And all details of my grow are in the 1st post.If ya have any more questions just PM me or whatever. Orange bud is a 60% Sativa 40% Indica. I keep 2 phenotypes of it as mothers. One finished in 45 days and is compact and very resinous. Taste was strong sweet orange citrus and packed a great high that is cerebral in effect and mostly a head high.The 60 day finisher resembles the pic you posted very well. Taste was more fruity than orange and not as potent , yield was significantly higher though.All in all a great strain to start with ( orange bud, cali oranges perfected sister ) and grown correctly is great, plants get over 4ft if not put into bud at like 12 inches under my setup.Very Sativa dominant. Hope this helps.

9. I can understand why you posted this, but this is the whole point of the forums. I could google everything i need to know, but its nice to stay in the community.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Most likely your bud wont look like that. Even the most experienced growers wont get things that look that aesthetically pleasing. Its just used to attract attention to that strain so they can get your money. Its like ordering from a fast food restaurant.
    You expect this:
    [​IMG]

But you get this:
    [​IMG]

11. Yeah, but with growing the quality is up to you, not the guy behind the counter. The more effort/better equipment, the closer to that pic it gets. Remember the pic is of that strain grown under perfectly optimal conditions. The pics I posted are of the early finishing phenotype of orange bud, and thats in shitty yellow lighting.

Attached Files:

12. I don't know if you still come on here, but do you know which seed comp you got the beans from?

13. I agree 100% I grew Cali orange twice and was far from impressed. The second time I wouldnt even smoke it. Its still sitting in my freezer for when I make some hash.

14. haha just realized this thread is from 2008 :eek:

15. u mean 2006

16. who's version of it? ceres, dutch passion, what?

17. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: