California Medical Assn. calls for legalization of marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dealwithit, Oct 16, 2011.

1. This quote makes me mad, "Given everything that we know about the physiological impacts of marijuana - how it affects young brains, the number of accidents associated with driving under the influence - it's just an unbelievably irresponsible position.".

First of all, tobacco and alcohol aren't good for young brains, yet they are legal. CMA said to legalize it like tobacco and alcohol, so it wouldn't be legal for young people anyway. Second of all Alcohol is terrible to drive with, but is also legal(when not driving)...

Why does the government think they have to "protect" us by sending us to jail. I can make my own decision if I think a substance is safe or not by looking up research on it, not some government propaganda.

2. Well another reason...on top of all the others why weed is illegal...is this, "You peons will do as we say!" simple as that...

3. They KNOW weed isn't all that bad for you. They just don't care. The money is too good. They're lying through their teeth to make a quick buck. Money is more important than people, right?

4. Not to mention its a lot safer for younger people than alcohol or tobacco not that I think 12 year olds should run around smoking weed all day, I honestly don't think most people are mature enough to handle it till 16-18 responsibly.

5. That cop is saying that shit to defend his paycheck. I'll bet he's 300 pounds and can't chase down a REAL criminal. He can only hassle peaceful stoners and that's how he makes his money. Oink Oink piggy.

6. I can't wait to walk in to a wal-mart and see 2 Aisles for Marijuana and toking tools =)

7. Lol same but I'm not buying Wally world weed I wanna do the Amsterdam like coffee shop thing where you go in buy weed and if you want chill and smoke there but i wanna be able to buy as much as I want.

8. would make a lot more sense...

9. I love how a spokesman for the Police Chiefs Association - not even a real cop - knows more about marijuana than the doctors who research it. Here is his personal information that I dug up from another article that gave his "expert opinion" more coverage.

He must have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express or something.

BUT WAIT!! Is he really a "spokesman"? Says right here that he's a lobbiest:

John Lovell | TotalCapitol

What the fuck is he smoking? A lobbiest that thinks we'll trust his professional opinion... christ.

The Law Offices of John Lovell, Sacramento CA

Send him some emails, let him know how you feel. It's your right as an American citizen.

jlovell@johnlovell.com

[​IMG]