California Lightworks...

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by ReeferedBud, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Anyone have anything negative to say about California Lightworks solarsystem 1100 UVB? I’m looking to pick a few up and am curious about what people think from experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I have a couple older 400w solarstorms, I have had decent results with. I like the built in uvb but sometimes wish it had a seperate timer. The quantum boards are getting great reviews and results, they will be my next lights. I could setup two 7x11 rooms, one veg, one flower, with quantums for the price of one 1100ss. I also dabble in macro photography so the burple light has got to go.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The newer lights have the view mode I know of, so once you’re ready to shoot switch the lights on to the white light, conducive to photography

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. I have the UV-B supplement lights .
    You can only use them in the last 2 to 3 weeks of budding to make the buds 20 to 30% heavier .
    They will kill your plant ……….. burns the leaf's
    Very easy to shock your plants .
    I wont be buying from them again .

5. I forgot about that feature. I haven't noticed any increase in yield from uvb but have tried it with and without, and trichrome production seems to be increased with uvb on. It is a little bit hard on the plants but I plan on killing them anyway. I will continue to use uvb in the last few weeks of flower even after I switch to quantums. I will buy some 18 inch fixtures for reptiles and put them on a seperate timer, starting low then increase to the full 12 hrs at the end.