California Lightworks 200w Solarflare LED

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by rhapsodyrcks, Aug 11, 2012.

1. resubbed for solarflare

2. I'm looking into this light to replace my hps dimmed at 175 watts. Currently it's just too hot for my 30"x18"x36" tent. I'd like to run a 6 plant SOG (little lolly pops) under this in about a 2-2.5' x 1' area. Would the full spectrum 200w work?

3. Try the apollo 8 from cidly 277 wattfrom wall 340 output 3w diodes and it has uvb and ir there custimize and you get it for cheaper heck for what you'll spend on 200watt solar flare you can buy the apollo 10 300+ watt

4. My first post....Got the Solar Flare Full Spectrum.The plants love this thing.Leaves are coming out of everywhere. Do not doubt this light.My plants look like the've been in the gym lifting weights. Will by a second one in the future.

5. Nice, I decided to place my order for the full spectrum on Saturday. I also ordered four 3x3w led spotlight bulbs for side lighting.

6. Hey Guys, I just bought one of these solar flare 200w lights as well. Been reading loads of journals and am super pumped to get going here. Journal I loved most was Rhapsodyrcks.....so I am trying to copy Rhap a bit....ordered 2.5x2.5x5' tent, solar flare 200w, carbon filter, and all good nuits....if I can get half the result Rhap did I will be :hello:
    Just wonder if the solar flare 200w in a 2.5'x2.5' tent will be enough on its own. I plan on three plants to start. Two autos and one Photo. The photo is already 1 1/2" and one week old. Plan on germinating the autos this week. Also plan on running the light 20/4 cycle until the autos are done and then switching the photo plant to 12/12. Does this make sense?
    Apperciate any of your comments guys, I look up to all of you and hope I can add some value to this forumn at some point too :)

7. I had anywhere from 1 to 5 plants under the same light but in a 2x2 area and it gave really good results! around 1.25 oz per plant in a 3gal Pot.

I also added 4x 40W CFLs for sidelight and heat because in the winter with only the LED and my 200CFM fan the temps stayed too low. Now I'm at about 67 low and 80*high.

But I have to mention that I have been dealing with some bad deficiencies so my yields might be reduced a bit.

8. the 400w and maybe someday the 800w are on my list of things to talk myself into

9. I seem to get light bleaching with my new full cycle on some of my fan leaves. The tops of the plants are about 6" from the bottom of the solarflare. Is this normal?

These plants have been slightly abused, having endured a move a temporary grow environment -- so I'm not certain it is only the light.. Aside from the bleaching they seem to be responding really well to the LED.

10. I too did a lot of research before my purchase. I found a American company that makes these bad boys with growing in mind. Check them out. I have been on my grow now from the start with these four. Very happy.
    [​IMG]
    This is after 30 days from clones entering the soilless mixture in my 5-gallon buckets.

Attached Files:

11. California lightworks recommends 12" to 18" from the top so yeah it might be normal. Get a fan on these tops and it should help. my plant overgrew and is now 4" from the light and I don't get any bleaching, but you can see the plant is not too comfortable being that close.

12. nice plants! and smart move with the folded mylar on the buckets! :p I might just do that!

I was wondering how these lights perform, seems they are liking it.

13. Yoman - lights are nothing short from amazing. Wish I had the VEG panels but these are getting the job done. My girls love em.
    For all who like to mess around, the folded mylar ontop of the buckets is a paper plate with the mylar sheet taped on the back side. It works for fillers. Who knows.
    Thanks btw

14. Hi all

I've been looking at CLW for a WHILE. Gonna run a 400w
    In a 2x2x5 tent 4 plants in Modular scrog. I now run a 250 on super lumens which pulls about
    300-310 from the wall. The Solar storm 400 will pull @ 320
    So my cooling requirement should be similar.

Any thoughts

15. Just make sure you have adequate cooling.

16. I use a Solarstorm 800 and I had to fab a manifold to dump the heat.

Was worth it though as the LED is superior to the 600w Cooltube I was running.

17. Hey Rhap

Thanks for chiming in. Do you think heat output on the ss 400
    Is similar to the 250 hps? Cooling is 4" inline temp regulated with boosted
    Fresh air in.

18. Yea I would think so. I have the SS 800w and for the longest time I was using a 4 inch inline fan just fine. 2 panels less on the ss 400 so a 4 inch inline would work just fine. If you get a variable adjuster for it you will probably find you can cut the speed in half and save some money on juice and alot of noise. Thats why I moved up to a 6 inch one so I could turn it down and larger blades means less noise. Anyhow should be fine.

19. Good call Rhap

That's the plan then. The ss400 will be here the 24 hope my flowers like it

20. Did you get on the growers plan they offer?