Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

California Legalization

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by hendrix1265, May 25, 2009.

1. On a recent conference, Governor Schwarzenegger said that it's time to debate whether or not marijuana should be legalized for recreational use in the state of California. I am in full support and would like to see this happen. The bill proposed (AB 390) says that it will tax and regulate marijuana to those who are 21 years of age and older.

This leads me to the point of this thread. If legalized for recreational use ,will medical marijuana still be available to those medical marijuana patients who are under the age of 21?

2. I would assume so, since the medical marijuana bill and system are separate from a bill legalizing recreational use- I could be wrong, though.

3. The bill mentions nothing about medical marijuana. 215 will still be law.

4. Won't happen anyway, remember the Governator said open DEBATE, not write a law and get it passed. Legalization is still years away in California.

5. Sad but true, we are trying to get the same thing done in Mass. :(

6. me and a kid has a discussion about this today and we decided its not gunna happen. if they do legalize it and we think they will withen the next few years it will have to be the whole country. they wont be able to just legalize it in one state because the state will become way to overpopulated which is already is but thousands if not millions of people will move to cali cus of it. and an over population means extream lack of jobs in cali which means the gov would end up spending more on welfare to the people who cant get jobs.

7. You really think MILLIONS of people are going to move to California just to smoke weed legally? California is already too expensive for most people, and most people who smoke weed illegally manage to do so without serious consequence. The theory doesn't hold water.

When gay marriage was (temporarily) legalized here, we didn't have a mass invasion of homos (I say "homos" in the most affectionate way possible, FTR) that resulted in the state going bankrupt. Legalizing weed wouldn't be any different.

8. yeah millions was an exageration lol but thousands deff would and cali is pretty much over populated as it is so either way it would be bad..

9. Thousands will not move just to smoke legal marijuana. A lot of people are not willing to leave their friends, family, job and other relations just to smoke marijuana.

I think legalization will most likely happen in the 2012 election. I think some groups will try to put a prop on the ballot in 2010 but most voters will be old people because it's just a state election. 2012 will be a national election and have a much larger voter turn out and better chances of passing a prop that would regulate and tax marijuana.

10. Exactly. People already smoke all over the place anyway... I don't think being able to do so legally would outweigh all of that for THOUSANDS. Hundreds, maybe, but we already have plenty of people coming and going all the time. I think an increase in prospective residents would be manageable, if not negligible.