California legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by razorblayde, Jan 2, 2013.

1. ^ lol what?
    We are talking about California.... But yes, I wish we decriminalized all drugs like Portugal.

2. The voice of logic. Thanks SoCal. Ita just all the dumb stoners That thinks legalization will just solve the problem. Far from it. What happens when the government gets involved. Make as much money as possible. How will they do this put a ban on all growing ( like the legal state of Washington did ) and make you pay out the ass for there product. Penalties will be harsher for growing than they are now. How about the cool mouth swab DUI test that they use as well. It can detect thc in your mouth for up to almost 24hrs. I for damn sure I am not hight after smoking 24hrs prior.

3. Right? I'm sure we will get called selfish but, those people are ignorant.....

Fuck the initiatives in washington and colorado. If it's going to be legalized it should be legalized. Not put into place to regulate the people more.

I don't need any new rules or laws to prevent me from what I love doing. I will vote yes on an initiative that covers all bases. But, what I won't do is vote yes on a initiative that hides behind the front of legalization. When in reality, it is being put into place, to control us some more. What I am allowed to do currently in california is more than what the residents of washington and colorado can do.

I don't want big corporations to get involved either. Which, once it is legalized it's inevitable....

Oh and don't get me started on that dui bs.... I smoke everyday. So legally, I would not be able to drive ever.

The government makes money by keeping the drug war going. The whole thing needs to end. We need decriminalization of ALL drugs. We should have the right to ingest any substance we want, without the government potentially arresting us for it. What the government should do is spread harm reduction information to keep the people who decide to use drugs as safe as they can be.....

4. Fuck yeah. I am saving this and putting into every thread that comes up about this crap

5. Love u my nor cal gc peeps! Haha speak the truth norcali and socal. Corporations dont pay their taxes, and our govt is run by these same criminals. I abide by the original constitution and common sense f those rich, egomaniacs. They will lose to the people. We have the power. We are America! Not them.

6. care to elaborate? im very interested

7. Exactly. I just watched a video on net flix about that. BofA made 4.2billon last year. You know how much they paid in taxes. 0. How about phaizer one if the biggest pharm companies in the world. 12.2b mad less than 1mill in taxes paid. So how is taxing Mj going to fix the problem it's not. How about we figure out a way to get big corps to pay while I have to work 2 jobs to support my family. Fuck that. Let me grow my 30 plants outdoors and not pay taxed like every one else.

8. Elaborate on what? How a dispensary robbed me for tens of thousands of dollars.?

9. Explain

10. Don't trust businesses run by crooks. Brought, a large order down to a collective that I have worked with before. Most of it was on consignment for a week, which I had no problem with since it's pretty normal and I had a relationship with the collective. Anyway, in short the dispensary takes 10 or so packs on consignment after paying me for some. A few days later i get a call that they got raided.
    Well they shut their doors (don't think they got raided) took my medicine and dicked me around for a few months.

That is the short version of this story.
    Consignment is normal when dealing with collectives. But, I never leave anything on consignment. If they want my meds, they need to pay me for my time and effort put into the plant. That was the one place I ever did and it was conducted professionally for a long time.

11. Same thing happen to me but not for as much

12. Yeah happens all the time. That is why I never do consignment and it's normally never a problem. I made the mistake once and I won't do it again....I knew better but... I still did it and got fucked.. It was a while ago but, I took a hit for probably thirty g's.

13. Wow that's horrible. I couldn't figure out how they would get that much money from someone but that's fuckin shady

14. Most places to it on consignment or on the front. That's how they make it look like a donation but that is how they rob you.

15. :mad: Yeah shady fucks....

Yeah, most do unless they really want what your have. I normally don't do that but, due to the circumstances of the order I allowed consignment. The thing is donation doesn't mean they can not pay you. They can pay you for the time, effort and money that you sunk into the plants in order to produce the medicine. They can pay you back for that and still be considered for donation. That's why they can pay us patients for meds.

16. I never front nobody.....U must pay to play:D no cash, no stash.

17. Ageed. I could never find a place that payed up front. They were saying that it was considering trafficking if they payed for that much at one time which does not make sense because they payed me back in full

18. They were lying to ya... There is no legal reason to do consignment.... They just don't like forking over the money for various reasons. I broke my rules one time and see what happened? Luckily, it was a long time ago and it's over and been dealt with.

19. I think so to. You live and learn.

20. That's good. You're lucky. I have posted quotes from more than one article where people in California WERE arrested, even though they had recommendations and/or state ID cards. You can't assume that your experience is shared with the rest of the state's population.

I used a QP as a hypothetical in a previous post. It had nothing to do with CA state laws.

I also consider it "pretty much legal" if you are a patient, and you are only acting like a patient; in other words buying, consuming, or even cultivating small amounts.

When you say "where I live" you are instantly failing to see that California is a huge state with millions of residents. From a population density standpoint, the areas that are similar to "where you live" are overwhelmingly in the minority. MOST of California is not like "where you live" when it comes to enforcing marijuana laws.

I do not want to discount your experiences living and working in collectives, both in the south and the north. I agree that San Bernardino is having problems with the operation of colllectives, but it is all collectives. And the problem they're having is called prohibition. There may be "dirty" collectives in San Bernardino, and Aaron Sandusky's collectives may have been among them. But even "dirty" collectives are a byproduct of prohibition. If it were truly legal to sell marijuana from retail outlets in California then most of the "dirty" operations would disappear.

WHAT regulations? Most areas of the south HAVE NO REGULATIONS. The only regulatory word they know is "ban". Even dispensary-rich areas like Anaheim and Sana Ana have technically banned dispensaries. Same with San Bernardino. So they are illegal and unregulated. They can be shut down at any time. I see dispensaries open and close, re-open and close.

And there are ZERO state regulations regarding dispensaries, with the exception of AB2650, which only restricted them further.

Because they are illegal.

The examples I cited were cases where local politicians and/or law enforcement voluntarily sought the help of the feds to shut down dispensaries. If legalized in the state this would not happen.

I did not say the feds would not try to bust people on their own.

Listen, I understand the legal protections provided by the CUA and the MMP. I understand, and actually agree with the statement that marijuana is "pretty much legal" in California if you are only talking about personal possession and cultivation with a doctor's recommendation.

What I object to is the blanket statement that marijuana is "pretty much legal" in California, made in a thread called "California legalization".

"Pretty much legal where I live...", or "pretty much legal to possess small amounts..." is more accurate.

Every day I read articles about dispensary bans, cultivation bans, etc... And I see dispensaries shut down by authorities on a regular basis. And I see our state legislature fail to pass ANY laws that would regulate dispensaries (other than those that further restrict them). And I read articles about MMJ patients being arrested and charged with felonies.

To see this information every day, and then see someone say it is "pretty much legal" in California...it rubs me the wrong way.