California legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by razorblayde, Jan 2, 2013.

1. THE GLASS WAREHOUSE IS FREAKING AMAZING. I'm down in San Diego, but I hale from Fallbrook. I used to make trips over to the Glass Warehouse for all of my wares. I haven't been there in a while, hope they're still doing well. I know some headshops have problems with the local authorities from time to time.

EDIT: Totally didn't realize I already posted about it earlier, hence your response, haha! Apparently it's an old thread, I was just browsing...

2. It pretty much is already
    In cali the cops could really care less if u smoke bud but if the dick cops roll by, then u should wory

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

3. Growing and selling (without a recommendation) are felonies in California. Local governments are enlisting the DOJ/DEA to help them close dispensaries and delivery services.

Marijuana is NOT "pretty much" legal already in CA. Even with MMJ recommendations people are still being arrested, saddled with criminal records, and thrown in jail for marijuana. Reefer Madness and prohibition are alive and well in CA. Just ask Steve Cooley, Carmen Trutanich, or any of the many prohibitionist politicians and LEOs in California.

:mad:

4. It actually pretty much is where i live do u even live in california?
    The worst a chill cop would do to u is make you throw the weed away and make u smash it and probably let u go or just leave

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

5. OK, not to de-rail here, but what the fuck is this?

I guess it's just weird when I read about these stories online, as you never hear of any "Mexican" or "Cuban" grow houses being busted.

Oddly racist if you ask me.

6. Yes I live in California, the same state in which Aaron Sandusky operated his dispensaries.

Aaron Sandusky was recently sentenced to 10 years in federal prison for operating three MMJ dispensaries in the Inland Empire.

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE "PRETTY MUCH LEGAL" TO YOU?

Yes he is serving a federal sentence. Why did the feds bust him? Why are local governments in California calling in the feds to close dispensaries?

Costa Mesa asked feds for help in pot crackdown | city, marijuana, dispensaries - News - The Orange County Register

I'm glad you can smoke and not worry about the police where you live. I'm glad that you only face a civil infraction if you are caught with less than an ounce.

But where do the small quantities that you smoke come from? Where does your "magic ounce" come from? It comes from someone else's quarter pound, pound, or grow op. What would your "chill cop" do if he caught you with a quarter pound? Would he make you throw it away and then let you go? I doubt it. I'll bet the same cop that let you go for smoking a joint would have you cuffed and in the back seat of his car if he caught you with a quarter pound.

Please, please, please try to see beyond your own life and look at the bigger picture. 28 grams is an infraction. 29 grams is a misdemeanor that can leave you with a permanent criminal record. Growers are being busted, dispensaries are being closed, people are going to jail. If many of the politicians and LEOs had it their way you would never be able to buy your marijuana from a dispensary again.

You are relatively safe possessing and smoking small amounts. Others are risking their lives and freedom so you can have your small amounts.

If you want to keep your ability to buy, possess, and smoke small amounts of marijuana then you should support legalization activities in California. If we do not legalize you may not have that luxury in the future.

7. 1. He got arrested because he was OPERATING a mmj dispensary which to the FEDS, is equivalent to an ILLEGAL grow operation by CRIMINALS.

2. IF i do end up getting caught with a quarter pound by a COP, he would not even arrest me if i have my medical marijuana card which is LEGAL by state law. On the other hand, if i do NOT have my medical card, the worst he could do is take me to jail for a day, if not hours, OR he could just give me a ticket. But if the FEDS catch me, that's when the big scary prison sentence comes in.

Ur right too. Like in colorado, i heard the feds are not doing shit about anything for the while, when they made marijuana legal. So we should pass a marijuana law which we almost did in 2010 but failed by the dot.

8. You're missing the point. The FEDS went after him because the local cops ASKED them to help.

DEA sweeps two San Bernardino medical marijuana dispensaries - San Bernardino County Sun

"San Bernardino police said they'd been working with the DEA for several months in response to complaints from residents about the businesses."

If it was legal in California this could not happen.

Do you have a State MMP ID card issued by your county's Department of Health? If not, and you only have a recommendation, you could easily be arrested and thrown in jail for possession of 4 ounces. LEGAL or not, being caught with 4 ounces can get you arrested in California, unless you carry the State MMP ID card.

So going to jail for a day, being charged with a misdemeanor, and having to defend yourself in court is "pretty much legal" to you?

That is not my definition of "legal", or even "pretty much legal".

For millions of Californians, being arrested, thrown in jail, and having to defend themselves in court is far from their definition of "pretty much legal".

And it happens, despite our medical marijuana laws.

I'm glad you agree that we need to pass legalization in California.

9. [quote name='"ocsurfer"']

Yes I live in California, the same state in which Aaron Sandusky operated his dispensaries.

Aaron Sandusky was recently sentenced to 10 years in federal prison for operating three MMJ dispensaries in the Inland Empire.

Yes he is serving a federal sentence. Why did the feds bust him? Why are local governments in California calling in the feds to close dispensaries?

Costa Mesa asked feds for help in pot crackdown | city, marijuana, dispensaries - News - The Orange County Register

I'm glad you can smoke and not worry about the police where you live. I'm glad that you only face a civil infraction if you are caught with less than an ounce.

But where do the small quantities that you smoke come from? Where does your "magic ounce" come from? It comes from someone else's quarter pound, pound, or grow op. What would your "chill cop" do if he caught you with a quarter pound? Would he make you throw it away and then let you go? I doubt it. I'll bet the same cop that let you go for smoking a joint would have you cuffed and in the back seat of his car if he caught you with a quarter pound.

Please, please, please try to see beyond your own life and look at the bigger picture. 28 grams is an infraction. 29 grams is a misdemeanor that can leave you with a permanent criminal record. Growers are being busted, dispensaries are being closed, people are going to jail. If many of the politicians and LEOs had it their way you would never be able to buy your marijuana from a dispensary again.

You are relatively safe possessing and smoking small amounts. Others are risking their lives and freedom so you can have your small amounts.

If you want to keep your ability to buy, possess, and smoke small amounts of marijuana then you should support legalization activities in California. If we do not legalize you may not have that luxury in the future.[/quote]

Which 3 in the IE

10. G3 Holistic in Upland, Colton and Moreno Valley

11. Ok u win i give up. Im too high for this shit

12. It damn near is. Go to a doctor i say you can't sleep and there BAM...

13. It won't anytime soon, because the christian right wingers always vote in droves, meanwhile all the young people in the state who actually smoke weed are too fucking lazy to get off their stoner asses and vote.

Seriously. We had the opportunity to be the FIRST state to legalize MJ recreationally but only 1 out of every 10 people under the age of 25 actually voted. Thats appalling.

14. Cali could make money I would think too..they already have some of the best weed. Shit even people who've been to Amsterdam swear by Cali weed..

Cali is already ideal for the different types of climates,geography,film industry...all those right wingers will see eventually When all these kids start going to colleges in oregon,wash,co..they legalize weed, I would think they'd make some money..being as how they rape out of state students anyway. Weed tourism could be huge too..instead of all these people who want to goto Amsterdam just because it's legal there.

But that 'it's pretty much legal' mentality won't help..but shit if I lived in Cali I might be singing a different tune. Easy access to MMJ cards,and MMJ in general..

15. Texas needs legalization!

16. Yup, this is how "legal" it is in California:

Jeff Sanford travelled from San Diego to Butte County to testify on behalf of Timothy Skytte.

So yeah, it's real "legal" if all you want to do is go to the doctor, tell him you can't sleep, get your recommendation, and go to a dispensary.

But the people who are supplying the dispensaries are being arrested and charged with felonies.

"Legal" means more than being able to buy your eighth and smoke it!

Wake up and see the big picture!

http://tokesignals.com/d-a-dropping-charges-against-former-marijuana-dispensary-ownerformer-deputy-sheriff/

17. We will pass a bill in due time. I for one am happy that the original one did not pass. I want marijuana to be legalized but, I don't believe in voting for any bill that comes on the table. It was a horrible bill and would of created lots of regulations I personally do not want.

18. I don't agree with your post. I do not have a card issued by my county and I never have. I have never had a problem with law enforcement not accepting I am a patient. Some counties you can have up to 3 lbs... IDK where you got a qp... State law is a half pound and counties can change that....
    I do consider it to be "pretty much legal" if your a patient. I mean, where I live you can grow 99 plants if you qualify and everyone grows... including some law enforcement.
    The allowed number of plants and weight in some counties is probably more plants than we would be allowed to grow under any sort of "legalization" at least for now....
    I did not support the first go at legalization. The bill was bs and way too many restrictions.
    I will support a bill that is properly presented and covers all basis. If it doesn't it leaves too much to be open to interpretation.

As for San Bernardino, clearly the county was having problems with the operation of some collectives. I do not blame them.... I lived and worked in collectives in southern california for a few years before going north. As well as working in other fields of this industry.
    There are too many dispensaries down south that are not following the regulations they are suppose to be following. Lot's of places LA and south are run by crooks. I don't support those places and I have been robbed by similar places... yes robbed by a "collective" for over 20,000 dollars.
    ^ this should not happen but, the sad fact is problems like the one I experienced happen all the time. Those places should not be allowed to operate.

As for you stating this would not happen if it was legal.... That is just false...
    If we vote for legalization in this state the federal government will still intervene. Why stop now? The drug war is a huge source of income....

19. Legalize it in Portugal :S