California grow show

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Joescool00, May 5, 2017.

1. Hello guys! I've been around for a long time and finally decided to be a bit more active. This is going to be a bit of a journal now that I have gotten my genetics closer to where I would like. These are pictures of my indoor grow room. Its nothing to crazy just 4 1000w PL lights in 80sf. This is more of the test zone for things that end up in the greenhouse during the summer.

And now to introduce the ladies, Most of these I have been working on for the past 10 years but there are a few that I snagged up to see what people in California seem to like. The 6 larger plants on the right are my longest project to date, they started life as Cinderella 99 from Brothers Grimm and have been back crossed with a stout male I got out of the pack of seeds. I was lucky to have gotten a gem that tended to purple very nicely and started by trying to select for that as well as shorter flowering time. Now that were to an F9 the purple is consistently being expressed and the plants from the seeds are nearly identical to one another. The extra plus is she tests rather well at 26-27% and has a very up high that can definitely get your heart pounding if you use to much.

The shorter bunches closer in the picture are an F2 of Tangie. Im not sure that I am going to continue with this line as it is one of the worst producers that I have come across in the past few years and I had hoped going back to seed would have helped but alas no luck. She sure is tasty though, nothing but citrus and a little skunk. Testing at 19% is another hit that makes it even closer to the chopping block.

Next is a Blueberry Haze cross of my own making. This is an F5 that I have been selecting for the classic Blueberry flavor and larger yields and so far I am happy. The mom was Blueberry from DJ Short wile the haze male was a gift from a friend who has a bit of a Haze addiction and wanted to see what I could do with it. Its dense super sticky and potent but still not exactly where I want it. Consistently testing north of 25% she has plenty of potential and Im hoping to make it towards one of my best yielding plants out of the bunch.

Now we are to Mad Man OG. This was another gift from my Southern California friends and it is one stinky girl. Testing at 24-25% she's been in the stable for the last year and I am definitely going to do some serious thinking on what direction I would like to go with it. It has shown to be a bit prone to mold and the yield is pretty average so there is lots of room for improvement.

And now were on to this years testers. We have Blue Cookies, HarliquineXGDP, GG#4, and Deadhead OG. The Blue Cookies is looking promising so far but nothing note worthy. As with most of the California cuts I have gone through the Yield is unfortunately low. She may end up hanging around for a bit until I can free up the breeding room to see if going back to seed will help with that but as of now I'm about ready to chalk it up to yet another hype strain. The Harliquine X GDP has impressed me. I was looking for a CBD strain that actually had THC as well and was recommended this. Yield is definitely above average and the effect was exactly what I was hoping for. The finished product has an awesome grape kick and tests at 16%THC and 9%CBD and has somehow worked its way into one of my favorites for toking during the day. And now to the GG#4 and Deadhead OG. These were picked up in the hopes of finding something I liked as a parent for the MadmanOG cross. The GG is solid and absolutely California. Not my thing but all in all not a bad producer. The Deadhead on the other had is just terrible. Im willing to chalk that up to the cut that I received but she is defiantly not going to be around for much longer.

I will try and keep up with this and post as frequently as I can with updates and hopefully more detailed photos. It is spring and the greenhouse is in full swing but thats for another part of the forum.

Joescool00

Hears the room at week 3
    IMG_20170417_113535.jpg And week 7, flushing is in full force on the C99 IMG_20170505_104916.jpg
    And just for fun this is a photo of the fall crop of C99 from last year.
    20161019_171355.jpg

• Like Like x 1