California economy?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cloud10_2003, Jul 30, 2012.

1. #1 Cloud10_2003, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    how bad is it really...im working on getting a job now and saving up as much as i can so when i get there i'll have some money but im hearing its hard to even get a shitty job at like walmart or some shit.

2. It's hard to get a job anywhere. But in cali cost of living is generally more expensive so even if you do land a minimum wage job you're going to have a hard time getting by paycheck to paycheck.

3. Don't come to Norcal. Job market up here is pretty awful

4. Tourist season is over in the Palm Springs area. No jobs here until November.

5. Do you live there? can you give me some insight to how much apartments go for ? im thinking like a one bedroom..while i go to college most likely with the help of financial aid and having a part time job

6. Ive been unemployed for like 3 months now, after quitting my other job i held for a year.... Ive literally hit every shopping center in my city.. And i havent landed anythig, ive been close, but it nevers seems to go my way. And yess cali economy is mehh.

7. ok which one would you guys choose.... seattle vs portland vs san diego vs los angeles ...lol like seattle bud is basically decriminalized and its only like a 23 hour drive to los angeles etc.

8. that sucks dude lol...why'd you quit?

9. I'm moving up to Seattle from California in the beginning of September so my answer will be bias;)

Honestly though it's expensive as hell here and it's hard to find a job anywhere..it's just pretty tough at the moment.

10. Yeah quitting in this economy without another job lined up is pretty derpy.

11. #11 Demiurge, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    Portland. Some old buddies of mine moved out there a few years ago and they love it.

And this time of the year it's hard to get a job anywhere. When kids go back to school is when the chances increase tenfold. Sucks though that most of the schools in my area are year round schools(Have 1/2 week breaks every few months but not 2/3 month summers like most schools).

12. You might be out here for a few months with the way it is out here.Nobody I know can find a job,unless you know the right people.

Fuckin sucks,dude!

But it usually starts picking up around the end of September,but is in full swing by November.

I need a job so damn bad and I haven't been smoking bud so I can actually get a job.

Then again,working in 110+ degrees sucks ass.

13. [quote name='"Cloud10Beats"']

Do you live there? can you give me some insight to how much apartments go for ? im thinking like a one bedroom..while i go to college most likely with the help of financial aid and having a part time job[/quote]

You'll have to pick some other place than San Diego or LA if you plan on living on minimum wage

14. [quote name='"Cloud10Beats"']

that sucks dude lol...why'd you quit?[/quote]

Because they were going under anyways, and it just looks better if i got quit rather than laid off... I felt they were going to lay off soon anyways. Just felt i would be one-step ahead.

15. awww yea LOL see the thing about california that makes me want to move there is it looks like its a super fun place to be i have a friend that posts pics on fb he rides his bike all down the coast stopping at beaches and smoking from his cheetah bong....it looks so nice but hes also jobless so when i think seattle im like well i can still go down there and do all that shit.

16. Don't move to LA. It's the most overrated place on the planet. SD is pretty nice but pricy. Also California is run by dumb fucks. They just authorized to build a bullet train that's gonna cost a ridiculous amount when there broke. Go to Oregon or Washington. Fuck California.

17. colorado was on my list before the fire nation attacked

18. Nah man,it's not that big of a deal if you got laid off.

It is usually due to companies down sizing,which is obviously not your fault,so no future employer would hold that against you,especially in this economy.

Plus you would have pretty much been guaranteed unemployment checks to help you out while you find another job.You might still be able to get them though.

19. [quote name='"Berzerker42500"']
    Nah man,it's not that big of a deal if you got laid off.

It is usually due to companies down sizing,which is obviously not your fault,so no future employer would hold that against you,especially in this economy.

Plus you would have pretty much been guaranteed unemployment checks to help you out while you find another job.You might still be able to get them though.[/quote]

Yeah you can get unemployment checks if you hold a job for 3 months.. Its like 1/3 of what i was making.. :0

And i thought that being laid off was bad for some reason when other employers see it...

20. LOL a bullet train?? like the one in japan?