California cops are trained 'Marijuana is not a medicine'!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by THCBandito, Aug 6, 2009.

1. I saw this news article and i just had to share it, it's unbelievable how ignorance like this is promoted even today - especially in a state like California that has had medical marijuana for over 10 years!

Apparently the pamphlet that is used to train and educate police officers blatantly states that marijuana is not a medicine and that there is no justification for using it as medicine!

I mean i have heard stories about law enforcement officers raiding dispensaries and kicking away patients and telling them to go get a 'real' medicine and such, but i thought that was just those few radical cops! This story really does give some insight into how and why marijuana is still facing such difficulties today, here it is:

A close-up picture of the actual pamphlet is right here: http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/files/images/CNOA_0.jpg

2. Lame, for the majority they are to stubborn to ever willingly give that power up. But some cops have been really cool as far as my encounters have been.

3. Oh and if any admin can then please move this over to the Medical Marijuana section, this probably fits in more over there, sorry :smoke: