Calif. Lightworks 550 install

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jollyrancher1, Jul 27, 2019.

1. I have been using a CL Solarstorm for over 7 years and had it upgraded to a 880 model a couple of years ago.

I decided to replace it with a CL 550 to take advantage of the adjustable spectrums and lower wattage.

Since I grow in a chamber, I needed to vent the heat so that required putting the 550 in an enclosure with air fittings. The Solarstorm I was able to attach duct fittings and I fabbed the exhaust collector.

Here are pics of the old vs new.,

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. #2 Vee, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    I'd send that to solar storm ..tell them why you built all this and how, for some discount..????
    or better send this link ....lol

still no UV on your part...?

cheers/

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I bought the CL UV add on also.

Just no reason to show it.

CL is familiar with my applications.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. The Samsung QB's do not require using a fan ….

5. Seems Cali also make white color LED now? Most of people still want the quantum board design for now.

6. There is allot of restrictions /issues when using the CL Works UV-B lights .
    They burn the plant .
    You need 3 feet distance between the light and the top of the plant or they burn the plant .
    You have to guess on how long you can have the light on bepending on the strain and the plant .
    The light being on continuously like 3 hour straight burns the plant .
    I have my CLW UV-B LIGHT Set at one or two minutes on every 15 minutes .
    Regardless the light is designed to burn your plants and the plants response to the UV-B waves is to make resin to be used as a UV wave sun block.
    Finding that happy medium takes experiments.
    Which is challenging because the UV-B light is only used in the last 10 days of budding .

I dont really know how to give plants the precise IR and UV-A and UV-B waves the plants need without bringing in a hps lamp .
    Using led lights my weed comes out really good but I do have 50% of the buds that I wouldnt consider marketable