Calibrating HANNA PH meter

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by botanist77, Jan 17, 2008.

1. pHep HI 98107 Pocket sized PH meter

I just bought this Ph meter http://www.eseasongear.com/hahi98phphte.html, If anyone who has the same one as me or has one like this can you answer this question.

To calibrate the Ph it has some solutions that I need to test it with. But the solutions did not come with it.

The first thing to calibrate it is to put the Ph meter into there solution (which you can buy) (called solution HI7007) that has a PH of 7.01.

And it goes on with other solutions that have a Ph of 4 and 10.

Do i need to buy those solutions to calibrate it?? Or can i ask my freind to give me water that has the PH of 7, 4, and 10. (because he has a Ph meter too and he can measure the water for me so that i can calibrate mine)

I was thinking my Ph meter needs to be calibrated since i never used it before.

2. yup...you gotta buy that stuff...might want to get the storage solution too.

3. its an all around bad idea to invest in a shitty ph meter

4. thats not a bad ph meter...hanna products are very good..i have one too not the same one actually a cheaper one and it works great..and yea i tihnk you can test it just with any liquid you know is exactly a certain ph..then adjust with screw driver or however urs is:D

5. too bad i got it for 12.99 , it aint so shitty no more