Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Calibrating 500g

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Battletiger7, May 16, 2011.

1. I need a 500g weight to calibrate my new scale but I do not have any weights so does anyone know what is good to use to calibrate this (Not American dimes) just like house hold items.... Thanks:hello:

2. American nickles....

3. I just successfully did it by simply taking my a nickel, which is 5.0 grams, using an average sice Ice Mountain water bottle. which is 16.9 Fluid Ounces. Now that's said to be 500g I find with irregularities in the plastic its usually about 502mg. So if you calibrate your scale with a full bottle including cap you will most likely come up with a with a 4.8 reading for a nickel, which should be 5.0 exactly. Maybe that particular bottle got you lucky and you came out at 5.0 exactly with the nickel. Now if you put too much weight it will calibrated in the opposite direction of the actual weight. In other words if you take the cap off then try it it might come up to 4.9, I take the cap off and take the smallest sip. Return with nickel. until it ADDS UP TO 5.0, And so forth and so on, ETC