calibrate my scale? what weighs 500g

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by pschach, Feb 13, 2009.

1. 500 grams of weed should do the trick.:)

2. Great post^

3. The best advice you have had is go buy a weight from a fishing shop. This way you know you are accurate.

4. So I bought my scale for 8 bucks on some promotion and I don't really feel like buying something additional to calibrate it with since it defeats the purpose of my 8 dollars expenditure. 

Just go to your local grocery store and buy your ordinary choice of cheese but ask the attendant to cut it in one block, you can even explain that you need this to calibrate your scale at home and tadaa… no waste of money and mmmmm cheese. 

5. 500 $1 bills.

6. ok i figured out what weighs exactlly 500g !!!!!!!! a 16.9 fl oz bottle of water it weighs 1.102 which is exactly 500 g and it works i just calibrated my scale i hope this useful to yall

7. umm not sure but it just worked perfectly for me

8. A can of beans or corn works. It will calibrate it close enough to make a dollar way 1 gram or a nickel way 5 grams

9. Congratulations you answered a thread that has been dead for 4 years.
    :)
    BNW

10. I use a nickle and calibrate on grams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Well since this has came alive again one american dollar is 1 gram

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

12. Just buy a new scale their cheap .

13. All you need is a 16.9oz water bottle full without the lid is exactly 500g

14. This info is always handy to know. It's still pertinent today. I still trust a balance beam over the digital. :)