Cali weed vs Texas weed

Discussion in 'General' started by mydaddyatemyeye, Mar 14, 2012.

1. wow this thread is pretty pointless.... obviously half of the people in here are the forum users that just post in the smoking sections but have no knowledge of actually cultivating marijuana.
    an indoor grow is an indoor grow no matter where you are... just because somebody in california grows 1 strain it does not mean that it is going to be better than somebody growing that same thing in texas... it is all about the knowledge that the grower posses and what type of setup and growing medium they use. cali has a lot of outdoor bud and i personally don't care for outdoor one bit.
    coco grows is where it's at and just because your state can have dispensaries does not mean that the weed is better... it just means that you have easier access to it.
    i have never had a problem finding good bud in the past since i know of 3 very good large scale indoor growing operations and over the last few years i have been doing my own grows.

2. i find it funny when these members post "all you get is schwag and brick weed in texas" hahaha... pure ignorance.
    if you came to texas and that was all that you could find then you probably looked like a narc or you just have some shitty connects. i haven't seen schwag in years and i never see mids, only high grade indoor that a lot of time, energy and love has been put into to get that perfect smoke.

3. [quote name='"Item9"']i find it funny when these members post "all you get is schwag and brick weed in texas" hahaha... pure ignorance.
    if you came to texas and that was all that you could find then you probably looked like a narc or you just have some shitty connects. i haven't seen schwag in years and i never see mids, only high grade indoor that a lot of time, energy and love has been put into to get that perfect smoke.[/quote]

Thats very true, shit i know that reggie is actually sometimes harder to find honestly, like someone pointed out good bud is usually available but if u dont have a good establish connect then u will still be paying 60 an 8th, as of now i can get good dank buds 2 for 30.. Shit thats a pretty good deal. But i find it mind boggaling when someone says that they have had medical grade bud and still chose houston bud? Ive never actually smoked medical but I would assume just because its grown properly that it would be a better smoke. Anybody want to elaborate why Houston bud was better for them? Myb u smoked alot of indica here and did not enjoy a possible sativa high? Idk im rambling

4. [quote name='"MichaelArevalo"']

Thats very true, shit i know that reggie is actually sometimes harder to find honestly, like someone pointed out good bud is usually available but if u dont have a good establish connect then u will still be paying 60 an 8th, as of now i can get good dank buds 2 for 30.. Shit thats a pretty good deal. But i find it mind boggaling when someone says that they have had medical grade bud and still chose houston bud? Ive never actually smoked medical but I would assume just because its grown properly that it would be a better smoke. Anybody want to elaborate why Houston bud was better for them? Myb u smoked alot of indica here and did not enjoy a possible sativa high? Idk im rambling[/quote]

I can't tell you why I like Houston bud better, I just do. I have had access to medical bud, my roommate got it shipped in from Colorado, and to be honest they are both probably equally dank. For me its just where I'm from and I guess hometown pride. It's really just a matter of opinion.

5. #65 Item9, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    If you grow clean bud that is properly flushed and cured then i don't see the difference... I have had weed purchased in the cali dispensaries and the colorado dispensaries and I find no difference whatsoever when you compare it to some good indoor from back in texas. it just depends on the skills of the grower and their knowledge on marijuana cultivation.
    I grow indoors in coco coir and the high mostly depends on which strain you are working with... other things like lighting, airflow, nutrients, etc, etc can also be a deciding factor in the end... like curing times and how much you flushed before harvest.
    curing in my opinion is what makes or breaks you. people can grow some killer ass bud and then fuck it all up by drying the shit too fast or by not curing it properly to where it tastes like hay.

6. all ive learned from this thread is that texans get defensive as fuck haha

7. California is concentrating on concentrates to make bammer bomb:smoke:.

Texas sprays raid or pcp on bammer.

8. Mexican swag vs designer weed

9. [quote name='"ZihgZag"']Mexican swag vs designer weed[/quote]

Why wouldn't Cali get mexican schwag as well, they are just as close to Mexico. Anyway your misconception about Texas bud is very laughable. You should come down some time, trust me I will quickly change your opinion.

10. Fuck california

11. Some people who've never been here assume that, but we have our fair share of dank here too. Obviously it's not on the same level as Cali, but it's still decent.

12. Don't mess with Texas...

13. Cali weed easily, texass weed can be dank... But top shelf texas weed vs cali weed??? cali weed is way superior.

14. So you are all saying that if a grower moves from Texas to California he will grow better cannabis?
    I wouldn't pay 370/Ounce unless I thought it was the dankest in my area.

15. [quote name='"BlazingZombiess"']Cali weed easily, texass weed can be dank... But top shelf texas weed vs cali weed??? cali weed is way superior.[/quote]

Have you smoked top shelf Texas bud? You would be quite surprised. I'm not saying Texas has better weed, I'm just saying that cali weed isn't anything special.

16. My friend that lived in texas said that all they have is shake. and another friend from there said its hella expensive like 20 for a gram

17. Really is this thread even needed? come on guys. Texas has some shitty ass weed, mostly fucked up "corn". i know I've lived there for about 2 years. Cali of course I was born and raised here and got my medical card so fuck yea cali's buds shouldnt even be compared to the sorry ass mexican brick they got there.

Their 'top Shelf", corn, dro is like some fuckin mids

18. #78 TexRx, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
    Cali has got to be WAY bettter

In Texas, We get tons of mexican brick (corn) and we also get the brownest stuff you don't ever want to try again.....We don't have much mids that I've seen. You see mids when someone sells it to you for the full price of chronic..i.e. you get mids when someone is ripping you off. I would like to find HQ mids but.....

Lastly, we are finally getting medical grade all around the state. It's $60 an 1/8th but if the guy is legit, you will get good herb

19. IMO us Californians have the best weed in the country lol

20. fuck this ignorant thread everywhere has good weed you just have to find it. i could grow a strain right now and it would be just as good as the same strain in a medical state.