Calcium def?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bob hoskins, Dec 12, 2012.

1. #1 bob hoskins, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
    [​IMG]

Strain: White Widow
    Medium: gold label soil
    Light: 400W HPS
    Temps: 20-25C
    Water: filtered water about once per week.
    PH: not known i dont have any litmus currently

some of the lower leaves are also drooping abit, i think that could be from to much water as the water retention of the soil im using is rediculous.

opinions would be great, it almost looks like a calcium deficiency but i dont quite think so, is it advisable to remove the effected leaves?

2. #2 zette3, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
    looks like calcium to me, given the current place in life cycle it would make since as plants start sucking up alot more P-Ca-Mg in flower.

Removing the damaged leaves is kind of personal preference I think. Some people say never to touch a leaf, as the plant will use up all the energy left in the leaf and drop it when it doesn't want it anymore.

Then there's who say that damaged leaves waste plants energy because its unable to get as much light and uses up plant energy trying to repair the leaf.

I personally like to keep the leaves on tell they start to yellow out, I might take off one or two that get in the way of buds but you have to remember without the leaves there would be no energy to make the buds! haha