Cal or Mag deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by w0034, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Greetings.  Having a tad of an issue, want to clean it up.  I'm thinking either a cal or mag deficiency.  It's happening on just a few old fan leaves on some of my girls in week 1 of flower. 

tap water
    h+g aquaflakes, sea green, multizen currently.
    ppm 1000
    ph 6.0
    promix bx in 10 gallon pots
    1000w hps
    temp at canopy is 76-78
    co2 at 1200ppm

The only other thing that looks a bit off is it seems some of new growth as it starts to stretch is just a bit light green.  Maybe that's just the lights /shrugs.  I've been doing well in a 2x2' scrog, no real complaints, just feel they could be a bit more happy.  Some of the leaves with this kind of discoloration has less of it, actually most do.

Thanks for any advice.
    w00

[​IMG]

2. #2 smokeymcdoodles, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
    Your camera has wonderful resolution. 

You need to: 
    1. Flush and add perlite to your mix
    2. Raise your pH and add lime (this is suggested with promix compositions)
    3. Post more pictures with that camera of yours

• Like Like x 1
  3. What level would you suggest raising the ph too?  I thought I was already in a good range.  Sounds simple enough though, thanks.

Camera, thanks very much for the compliment.  They say a pic is worth a thousand words, especially when looking for advice or help :)  It's a canon g16 which I got 6 months ago for underwater snapshots with a waterproof house.  Fully manual options as well.  Love it.  Need to just get the macro attachment for it for super duper close ups. 

w00

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 smokeymcdoodles, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    w00:

I finally got around to the journal. You are knocking them down pal.  Gj on the curing that much bud.  Which plant was the lockout from posted earlier?

Now that i see your setup IDK where the close vein rippling is coming from. Your soil compositions look fucking awesome.  If you are manually feeding you have to upgrade man. Make a simple drip system and these temporary swings in pH and nutrient availability will go away.  I still cant believe that's your second grow.  U can turn chicken shit into salad i bet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. that shit is like art mayne

6. Mag. Def ..? your plants are too young and besides you use tap water ...so is hardly a calcium deficiency...?

if in doubt flush or in your case dump the rez clean it all out circulate 12-24 hours just water, then nute again 30% less nute this time 
    for the next 7-10 days or until you see an improvement

7. What's the base ppm of your tap? I was having issues with cal mag and it turned out my tap comes out at 70-90ppm so I started buffering it to 250ppm with cal mag. I should mention I'm in coco coir. After doing that I saw immediate improvement in the new development