Cal-Mag????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Nissty, Aug 20, 2010.

1. How often should I use this with FFoF soil and RO water? is it safe to use in normal nute routine? I heard you need it if your using RO water.

2. Bump... Does no one use cal-mag?

3. i use about 2 ml per gal with every feed in coco, this is just my personal usage though im curious to hear how everyone else uses it as well.

4. Apparently Cal-Mag Plus contains chelating agents that are toxic to some of the beneficial bacteria and fungi found in the soil. The buds I grew with it were fine if you ask me, but I've since switched over to the Oganicare Cal and Mag supplements.

You do need to replace the Calcium and Magnesium removed from the water by the RO membrane. I now use 15 ml of Calplex and 45 ml of Huvega per 5 gallons of RO H2O.

When I used Cal-Mag I think I used 15-30 ml per 5 gallons.

5. you dont need cal-mag for soil

6. Cal-Mag is a great micro-nutrient solution, even in soil applications. I use it every two weeks (1/2 tbsp/Gal) and it helps keep my leaves ultra green and healthy. Really worth it especially if your water is lacking in essential minerals.

SS

7. from what i have gathered so far the cal/mag sometimes locks out the mag portion in mid flower...i suppliment with a couple feedings with epsom salts...1veg...1early flower...1week before final flush..2tables per gal...its working well for me...starting to be quite a few post on this...i use coco so gotta have cal mag..my deuce:smoke: peace deacon

8. 1 tsp per gallon when using R/O water no nutes so every watering.

9. so your saying it won't hurt to give it every watering with RO water? Can I give it with my other nutes like tiger and big bloom?

10. #10 Holy Colas, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2010
    I use the same nutes. Heres what I worked up to for my feed ratio, obviously each strain is different but im currently working with Sativa. And yes, CalMag with every feed until about my 5-6th week on a 9 week expectancy.

For Veg per One gallon:
    2 - 2.5 ml CalMag
    2 tsp Grow Big
    1 Tbl Big Bloom
    1.5 ml Root Excelurator

For early flowering this my ratio per One gallon:
    1.5 tsp Tiger Bloom
    1 - 1.5 tbl Big Bloom
    2.5 ml CalMag (about to up it to 3 ml)
    2 tsp Brix Mix
    1 ml of Root Excelurator in first feed of first week into flower

about 600-700 ppm in Distilled water

11. its fine to add with your other nutes:smoking:

12. Maybe your plants didn't, but some of my strains most certainly did. What makes you think that?

13. I'm with this guy.
    I've used Epsom for years and never have MG issues.