Cal mag supp. 0-0-0?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Backnine951, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Hey everyone. I am trying to find a cal-mag supplement with no nitrogen. Preferably 0-0-0. I would use botanicare but it is 2-0-0. Any others? If so what's it called, who makes it, and where might i buy or order it?
    Thanks for the help guys!

2. Organicare Calplex and Huvega.

Only thing I could think of. There's Magi-cal also, not sure what the nutrient values are on that.

3. ill give those a look, thanks for the help.

4. Magical is 2-0-0 but I've never had a problem with overfeeding using it, and I use it in conjunction with every nutrient feeding.

5. Ya nothing is wrong with 2-0-0 but it is not the best thing for flowering plants. When you switch from veg nutes to flower nutes the amount of N goes down and P K goes up. My base nutrient has all the nitrogen needed too, any more promotes leafy growth during flowering and that is not what we are looking for. Anyway, just thought I'd throw this in here. Thanks again guys

6. The amount of nitrogen found in MagiCal is not going to affect flowering in any way. A plant not needing nitrogen during flowering is a myth, it's still a growing organism, and nitrogen is a key component during the plants entire life. The difference is during vegetative growth, the plant needs more nitrogen is all.

There is nothing wrong with a plant finishing it's cycle with fully green leaves, it's not going to hurt the plant to keep it green up until harvest. Besides, the amount of nitrogen in MagiCal is so minimal it should not even be factored in.

7. Epsom salt = Magnesium Sulfate. No Calcium.

8. Use epsom salt and crushed oyster shell for cal. Good luck.

9. Im aware of that...magnesium is usually more of the problem since it is a macro nutrient (mobile)...calcium isnt as common in indoor grows

10. The OP was asking for a Cal-Mag supplement, you replied with "epsom salt" which doesn't have any Calcium, I was simply clarifying for the OP.

11. :p:p:p
    :p:bongin:

12. Ya it's ok to use cal mag with N but I don't want to. My base nute has all the N I need and want. I just started running 1/3 tap with 2/3 r/o, has all the cal and mag i need. Works very good. Thanks for the help guys.

13. i was having a hard time with deficincies between calcium and magnesium but once i made the switch from tap water to r/o water it made all the difference and I'm not having any trouble feeding mag-i-cal instead of all the supplements i had to give her not to cause lockouts