cal-mag question plz

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NuNRG, Oct 17, 2008.

1. hi i have a question about the product Cal-mag Plus by Bonticare

well alot peeps been tellig me not to use it if u are usnig tap water ... but i read that some tap water users still use it .. but at the rate of 1-2ml per Gallon and the plants love it ..
    also can i use this in veg mode ?? on young plants

i am growing in soil sunchine 4 pro mix and using tap water ..

2. I suspect that the caution against using calcium supplements with tap water is more important to hydro growing. If you're noticing a calcium deficiency leaves show necrosis around the base of the leaves then go ahead and use some of your Mag Cal.

Check this plant physiology page for a detailed description of nutrient deficiency symptoms.

http://4e.plantphys.net/article.php?ch=5&id=289

3. i wouldn't use it on young plants because more than likely there's no deficiency with a plant that young,
    If you use it in veg with tap water, just give it maybe once in late veg unless you see a deficiency.
    If you use RO or distilled water, then you can use it every other watering.

Try to avoid adding stuff that you don't really need and you'll avoid salt buildups later on.

4. I use it every other watering w/ my IBL's, not so often w/ my other hybrids. The IBL's seem to need it more. I use a system of water, water cal/mag plus, water nutes, back to water. Seems to work well for me and most of my strains. I use soil, and I use tap water, only I adjust the PH.

less