Cal/Mag? Nitrogen deficiency? Whatcha think...?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by beerbrewer, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Got a bunch of blue dreams and about half are showing this:
    1459536368764.jpg

Organic soil, my own mix. Has diatomaceous earth and lime both in the mix. Also, base is promix hp. Soil has kelp, neem, compoat, worm poop, oyster shells, alfalfa and crab meal all in it, along with a little bit of vow and chicken poop.

Plain water, tap water ph of about 8 going in. Wondering if I need to lower the ph but figured all that lime and DE should buffer it out, also the oyater shell powder. I dont know. Grape apes are in the same soil and doing perfectly fine, wondering if the dream is just a cal mag lover. Epsom salts? Who knows?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Hi beerbrewer, it does look like it could be mg deficiency but hard to tell from the pic. Are the plants affected flowering? Kudos on going organic and I see you are trying to cover all of the nutritional needs of the plant. A water pH of 8 is on the high side. Do you have any way of lowering the pH? A lower pH allows for more efficient nutrient uptake; in this case, magnesium. Alternatively, it could be a sulfur deficiency. Post some additional pics and info and I'll do my best to help you.

3. Here ya go, thanks for stopping by!

1459545617073.jpg 1459545636503.jpg 1459545649388.jpg 1459545662192.jpg 1459545682973.jpg

4. Hi defo a deficiency and wi a high ph your nutients av locked out... flush and start over wi a lower ph. Good luck babe xxx

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cant flush, no nutes have been put in. Water only. Its an organic grow so flushing wouldnt do anything. Should I just be phing the water?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sorry yes my mistake and slow thinking!!!!! But id still ph regardless of kinda grow but thats me . Sorry for miss info on flush love xxx hope goes well xxxx

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks so much, appreciate the love.

• Like Like x 1