Cal/mag deficiency?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The Great Gonzo, May 20, 2018.

1. Each pic is from a different plants. I think it' cal/mag deficiency.

Attached Files:

2. my plants had those holes on the leaves on your first photo.. people told me it was too much nutes to flush it. ( I feel like they didnt read what I said but what ever.) Turns out I forgot my genetics where heavy cal-mag feeders.. and well

that helped when I finally gave it, that... But I did flush it 3x volume pot size of ph'd water first. and waited a little. But it was cal-mag for me.. cal-mag is the only nute I sorta have issues figuring out how often I gotta feed because it seems like its more often than I think I should be..

3. I am sort of surprised since I used SubcCool's super soil recipe.

4. A picture of the whole plant might help. Had to tell size or Colour of the plant from a leaf shot, did you spill any nutes on it?

5. Looks like a phosphorus deficiency to me, most likely locked out from too high a PH. I'm still new to this so i'd wait for someone with more experience to confirm before taking action based on my response.

6. A few questions. Are they in veg or flower? Are those bottom leaves? If in flower, how far along?

7. IMG_2346.JPG

I found this chart on here a lil bit ago, might help. But looks like calcium or phosphorus

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Always include a pic of the whole plant, but I can tell by the color of close by leaves, YOU DO NOT have any deficiency....those leave right at soil level should be removed....its common for very bottom leaves to do that....Calmag will 1st show at mid plant and this is not a nitrogen problem, which are leaves going yellow from the bottom...If you are including nutes in your watering, I would guess it from getting it on those bottom leaves regularly....Your plants look VERY GREEN from what can be seen....BUT, those leaves are not serving your plants at this point..they dont need to be there, take em off....YT...

9. yep like I said, a flush will do, and by the time your flush is cleared over for 4-7 days. itll probably be time for a feed. thus calmag/ will be used... and balance will be found again. no matter what it is..

But flush with clean ph'd water, will flush out excesses, and correct PH, then you can feed after.

10. Spot on, if it is a young plant, spot watering so much, over watering also causes those spots. But lower leaves mean nothing. The next major danger to the plant I the human about to add chemicals! If this is a big heathy plant it's a different story.

11. I don't use nutes. I made subcool's super soil. They are in veg. The first pic with the rust colored spots is kush auto, the latter two are shark shock cbd[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Even though they are discolored can I still clone the lower leaves?
    Even though they are discolored can I still clone the lower leaves when I remove them or should I only use leaves with no spots or discoloration?

13. You cannot clone a leaf....has to be an active shoot...now that I see the whole plant, the need NO supplementation yet...your organic mix will carry their needs for now.....NEVER feed a plant that doesn't need it......DONT anticipate problems....let the plants do their thing and suppliment ONLY when they show signs of needing it.....Magnesium will show as yellowing btwn the leaf veins about mid plant and calcium usually occurs with magnesium problems and show as rust spots/patches...yours are a dark green and NO WHERE close to needing suppliments....Cut off the damaged leaves and continue on...they are FINE....

• Like Like x 1
  14. My first attempt at cloning. I cleaned up the lower stems and transferred them into some rapid rooters.[​IMG]

15. Every thing is ok, EXCEPT, there is no humidity dome....your cuttings need an increased humidity to keep from dehydrating before roots develope....Remember, there are now NO ROOTS to take up water....It can be done without a dome if they are already im a humid area and you spray them with water a cpl times a day....BUT, it's easiest to have a dome....With domes, I always leave my vents open....gets too wet inside with them closed, and they need some air exchange to root the fastest...YT

• Like Like x 1
  16. A dome is on the plants. I had it off because I just finished taking the cuttings.

17. Here is the dome setup[​IMG][​IMG]