cal mag deficiency? autoflower

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by chasejordon, Jul 14, 2017.

1. this is my autoflower, she's three weeks old and is showing what i believe is a deficiency. i have a couple of the same marks on two of my other plants. i mixed up 3ml of cal mag in a gallon and fed her half a couple days ago. since then i've seen two more leaves start to be affected. i'm going to check run off PH next water to make sure it's not lock out but i PH my tap that sits out for a couple days to 6.5-6.8. did i not feed her enough? how much should i feed her next water?
    5 gallon pot
    400watt hps
    30% happy frog 30% light warrior seed starter 40% perlite
    6.5-6.8 PHed water
    40% humidity
    80 degrees
    20/4 light cycle

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. confirmed...definitely calcium magnesium issues. that's cal mag debacle leaves [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

3. Flush well with 1/4 strength nutes until the cation ratio gets stable ..those leaves that fried won't come back ..it should stop and the new growth come out good...once this happens begin bumping up the feeding to normal over the nest week. good luck...keep us posted
    GFP

4. i haven't fed any nutes yet. just root juice a couple times. should i do 1/4 strength cal mag?.. because 3 ml didn't seem to do anything.

5. If you haven't given any nutes that is the problem bump up the ec level to 1.2 or so and see how she reacts...I go all the way 1.5 ec in Veg and to 1.8 in full bloom.

6. wait what?.. what is ec?

7. electrical conductivity..the measure of salts (nutrients) in your water. nutes are ialso measured on PPM parts per million.

GOOD LUCK

GFP

8. i don't have anything to measure that. how many ml per gallon would you recommend i give her? it's general organics CaMg+ , and she's an auto.

9. 2-3 ml per liter.

GFP

• Like Like x 1
  10. remember to add the cal mag FIRST...then normal nutes after that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. okay. whys that?

12. cal mag can act neutral if added on top of nutes. it depends on your water really .if your using RO water then it's certain to lockout if you add it wrong ..not the case with most tap water..BUT because tap water changes levels of shit frequently (chlorine) etc. I just always add it first...like the company recommends.

GFP

• Like Like x 1
  13. #13 virginislandsherbs, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Ive Been using calmag right all this time and didn't even know. thanks for that info.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just thought that I would add that excess magnesium can cause calcium lockout/calcium deficiency.

As the leaves look like they are only suffering symptoms of calcium deficiency, I would only try to increase calcium or flush with 1/4 strength nutrients.

A magnesium deficiency would show as a more uniformed yellowing between the veins of the leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  15. truee

16. how is it coming along?

GFP?

17. fed 6ml of calmag. i checked the run off, it's 6.2. im still seeing some yellowing