Caffine Addict!

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by SpongePaul, Aug 19, 2009.

1. It has occured to me that i am a hopeless addict to caffine. Noticing on my days off i was getting loose stool, nausea etc, and just feeling fluish. Through process of elimantion and investigation it appears caffine is my main problem. It seems my daily intake is about 1grm+ on avg (FUCKING YIKES) Its to the point where i MUSt have highly caffinated beverages or just pure caffine anhydrous around me all the time. I realize this has been brewing for years. energy drinks b4 hockey games tuend into energy drinks in the am with coffe and bawls and it just keeps going up and up as tolerances rise. It has come to the point where if i dont have a coffe or drink around i will bump 100mg in the bathroom. I am guessing i am not the only one here who is an abuser, and at this point it is abuse i think, of caffine.
    I need to go on a diet (munchies) and thinking this might be a great time to get off the stuff, well not off, but cut down do a resonable 100-200mgs aday or less. so i will prolly start everything next monday, its gonna be rough, but i haqve lab grade anyhydrous around, and plan to bump my doses starting at arounfd the gram mark per day and slacking off by 50mg or so per day until its down to 100mgs per day, which is a cup and a half of coffee or so. I hope this works!

discuss if you wish your own caffine problems

2. same here man, my heart will cramp without it and i get the runny shits too.

i drink on average 8-15 cans of soda a day. my teeth and body are taking a heavy toll but its so damn GOOD

3. Yea i used to do all that until one day.
    Took 600mg of caffeine via pills + 300mg of diphenhydramine i don't know why i mixed it but it gave me the worst panic attacks for weeks, i now have horrible anxiety and can't sleep much any more. I say you get off this stuff now, nausia and diariha is not fun.

4. yea i get some crazy head aches without my coffee!!

5. I'm not addicted to Caffiene, but I'm just stopping by to say that I never knew addiction to Caffiene could get this bad. Hopefully your plans works man, and you can stop needing so much of it.

Good luck.

6. glad to know i am not the only junkie o caffien out htere
    like today
    so far i have been up just over 5 hours and at work for 4 i have downed 2 mugs o coffe (approx250mg) 2 sugar fee bawls (250mg) caloric intake 0.0. so as i head to lunch, which will include more caffine, i have alredy injested 1/2 of a gram. by the end of the day it will be over 1.

7. Damn dude, I would start cutting back slowly, caffeine withdrawals do suck. I once took over a gram over the course of a night and morning and I started feeling really sick and getting chills... never done that again.

I once felt myself getting addicted to caffeine so I stopped cold turkey, still got sick. I was only like 12 at the time but ever since then I've been extremely careful with drugs and have never been addicted to anything. I'm very thankful I had that experience early to teach me the lesson of moderation.

8. I am hopelessly addicted to coffee and I don't know what to do, lol. Java junkie!!

Harder to kick than meth. Trying to cut down but it's tough and find myself dieng for a cup after a few hours. I can even drink a few cups and go right to sleep! But I know i'm not sleeping good because I'm tired as shit during the day which leads me to coffee drinking. Vicious cycle to break.

9. You took it because you were trying to get high on the dphd ( maybe gravol or something else ) and you wanted to stay awake and experience it instead of falling asleep. Haha I was thinking about doing gravol but just fighting the sleep last night but I decided not to. Good thing, how bad was it?

10. One of my relatives, who teaches and writes scholarly books, was drinking coffee all the time and got an enlarged prostate from it. I believe it improved when he cut down on the coffee.

11. Damn, that makes me feel better about never drinking coffee. I don't even see how people like it.

12. dude, one is stimulant and the other is a depressant. i feel bad for your adrenal system.

13. my mom is addicted to caffine, its crazy to see her get physical wd's from this drug Ive been gettin since I was little. rock on mom lol

14. I love caffeine and coffee but I'm not an addict. I was last winter because I had an espresso drink every single day before class lol. But after a few crappy days without I felt fine. My sister Julie had some serious addiction to it (not serious like heroin obviously, but she got migraines and mood swings without it) but now she seems to have recovered lol.

I never knew people got so addicted they would be snorting half a no-doz just to keep themselves going :eek: daaaamn.

I hope you can cut back man. I would never want to be a slave to a chemical. Even to something as cheap and available as caffeine.

15. ugh i feel your pain man. i consume around 600mg of caffene a day. i've been consuming monster daily for over a year now i think thats a big part of what led to the addiction. the crashing always made me feel the need to drink more caffene.

its to the point now where if i go a day without caffene i get extremely irritable and fatigued. fucking sucks but i'm trying to cutback to just 1 soda a day.

16. i dont know how much caffeine i take in a day, but im definitely addicted, and its noticeable. When i wake up, i'm groggy, have a headache and feel like i'm going to vomit until i take my first sip of coffee. Even the smell of it brewing starts making me feel better. If i somehow can't get coffee when i wake up, i'm usually vomitting or have an awful headache, and i also can't poop - coffee is also my morning enema. Then i keep drinking coffee throughout the day, usually iced... mhmm bout to go get one now.

eventually i gotta try and stop this, because its actually a very annoying addiction

17. For some reason, drinking pop never makes me stay awake. Does Caffeine just not affect me, or do I need to drink a cup of coffee or something? I've never had a whole cup, because coffee just isn't my thing.

18. Yeah, one time I took 1,000(+ maybe) mg of caffeine at once.

The next week was hell, lol.

19. I drink a lot of coffee and have taken many caffeine pills but my intake isn't very consistent. I typically only have 2-3 cups a day but 2-3 times a week it can go up to about 5-6 cups. I've only been on that schedule for about the past 2 years too tho. I do however always make it twice as strong as the average joe when I make my own.

I never thought to notice if I'm addicted but I definitely see my tolerance going up. I used to drink 2 cups and not be able to sit down. Now I need two just start to wake up.

I've never even considered soda as stimulant, never noticed any upper effects from it but if you're grouping that in I've drank about 5 cans a day since i was a preteen

Is it a mental addiction or physical?

20. haha nah i took benadryl shit made my shoes turn into spiders. and those spiders turning into smaller spiders.. dont recomend it.