Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CA Patients Must Have A Card, Is This True?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by pudd, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Somebody was telling me that dispensaries in LA County have a new rule where you need to have an actual card which they swipe like a Driver's License or else they won't let you get your meds. Supposedly this started last month and if you just have your paper referral they won't take it. Has anyone run into this?

2. Untrue. perhaps at a specific dispensary this may be true, but not statewide.

3. this is not true.... as stated in last post.... all you need at most places is your rec and your ID

4. It's not true. Some dispensaries may require that you have a state issued card for whatever reason, but just go to another one. I have a doctor's recommendation only and plan on keeping it that way.

5. here in colorado a doctors req is only good for like 60 days for most dispensaries I think.

6. The question was specific to California though.

7. that has got to be bullshit bc u cant swipe the State id cards ROFL. They way they check it is the put in the id# in the verified state internet link.

8. Thanks for the help guys. I'm getting a card because my Mom's nausea medicine isn't working anymore and since I work for the state I was a little worried. I should have considered the source considering it was a dealer who told me.

9. trying to make you pay top dollar hahhahah

10. Most dispenseries will give you the card..so yes you need a card but you use your prescription to get the card FROM the dispensary....as far as I know anyway...

(edit by card I mean a card from THAT specific dispensary - each one has their own)

11. I thought he was being honest with me because he knew I wasn't going to buy any from him. My mom needs something she can eat or drink and I wasn't looking to purchase any for my own use. He said he three customer's come back to him because they were forced to get a State ID card which had to be swiped everytime they went to a dispensary.

12. try a different dispencery all they can tell you is that you need a card ,, no harm no foul in trying

13. your mom needs to be the one getting the recommendation, unless you are her full-time caregiver.

14. This is hitting the nail on the head

15. Actually I am not sure if this is true. "Full-Time" is something I was never asked on becoming a caretaker for someone. They basically just asked me what I did, and I explained that I drove them around, sometimes had to pick groceries, meds, and supplies...And cooked some meals on occaision....That was sufficient in my case to be a caretaker...and receive my card from the dispensary. Maybe some dispensaries require 'full time' but as long as you dont appear to be shady and tying to get meds for yourself or something, I really don't think full time is a requirement...

16. This is a little off topic, but does the ID card really help that much? Is it really worth the $150?

17. The caregiver status has been modified by the California Attorney General's Guidelines earlier this year. You no longer qualify as a caregiver UNLESS you are actually a full-time caregiver for the MMJ patient. As in provide more care than just MMJ and the small things you did above.

There are threads about the State ID card in this forum already, you should find one of those, or start a new one, instead of hijacking this thread.