CA hearing on legalization this Wed!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by amsterdamage, Oct 26, 2009.

1. These are amazing times!
    Will this be the beginning of coffeeshops and bars selling boutique cannabis to aficionados like us? :hello:

2. wowowow. I wish I could be there to see it live but I'm across the country. Can't wait for youtube vids

3. my thoughts are with all you on this one.

maybe all the CA residents that are able should show up as a sign of support for the initiative? i'm fairly certain that those against it will be there as well (since a lot of those against seem to have nothing better to do than be ruiners for the rest of us.)

get the word out, show your support! i'd go but it's quite the trek from eastern Canada to California especially on such short notice.

4. Great progress guys!

5. Imagine turning on a major news broadcasting station and seeing the reporter praising the uses of marijuana while reporting on this hearing.

"America, this could spur a wonderful new era!" - "We could be a part of history!" - "California will be holding a hearing discussing the legalization of cannabis" - "We could expect new and improved products from California (Listing innovative ways to use hemp to increase living standards)

they could mention the use of hemp as ethanol fuel along with the other countless uses.

I'm hoping for the best from this situation either way, very interested to see what is said.

6. I ran into a dude outside my local grocery store a couple days back taking signatures from voters on 2 issues, some nuclear plants being built in our area and the legalization and taxation of marijuana, i signed.

7. Maybe?

If your a CA resident and you have the open time, you better be going to show support.

8. I think this has the potential to be a day we could look back 30 years from now and be like yep that is the day that got the ball rolling. :hello::smoking:

9. I love living in Cali :love:

10. LETS GO CALI this is the time day we have all been waiting for I KNOW THIS WILL GET DONE and NO ONE WILL STOP US just believe it can be legalized and guess what IT WILL LETS FUCKIN GO !!!!!!!! TIME TO SAVE THE ECONOMY aw man this is gonna be awesome I HAVE FAITH! YOU CAN DO IT! i'm planing on moving to cali once I graduate from college and oh boy this would set my decision in stone if mary j became legalized! FOR THE PEOPLE!

11. Sorry for my political unawareness, but what implications does this hearing have? Will it allow it to be placed in stone as something people can vote on next year or is it not quite that important?

12. This is a good question i think.. i mean, are we talking town hall or congressional scale? if you kno what i mean

13. California always leads the way with these things and I am proud of them. Used to live in Burbank.
    Good luck on this one and get out there and show your support.

14. As I saw in earlier posts, we just have to believe. Im kinda jealous, but I have faith that if it is legalized there, it will really allow us to get some converts. I think 80-90% of the people on the fence will move to our side, and up to half of the people against it could move to our side, or at least not care anymore when they see all the money and realize the world didnt end in california when it happenned. The feds are gonna fight hard against this, they know that legalization in cali will show the truth that weed is nothing to be feard and they know it will be the beginning of the end for them (which is the first time they will be right). People will now the truth and it will follow to other states. Its gonna take a few years before people realize nothing bad happenned, but they will soon realize that.

15. not only that, but it could pass up to Canada... without the DEA threatening to close our borders (do they even have that power to begin with?) or other such nonsense, Canadians would be able to decide what they want rather than have it dictated to them by the states.

16. Government shouldn't be making public policy decisions like this, they have no medical or scientific background.

What government should be doing is representing the will of the people and the people of Cali want marijuana legalized.

End of discussion, shove it down their throats

17. This is great! So much has happened over the past week with cannabis media exposure

18. Where did this quote come from?

19. norml.org.

Op..
    WOOT GO CALI!
    Great progress!