CA Activism

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Qful, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Yeah there are a few threads on the new Assembly Bill 390, introduced by Tom Ammiano. This thread however is not for discussion of the content of the bill, or for discussion about its consequences. This thread is for discussing how YOU can start taking action to get this bill passed. It is my opinion that unless the anti-marijuana propaganda of the past century or so is countered, we will not have enough support to convince politicians that it is in their best interest to vote for this bill. Call me cynical, but I just don't think politicians give a rat's ass whether or not marijuana should be legal, they just care if voting for or against the bill will be good for their careers (ie, make them more money). Fine. We're going to have to make it profitable for them to vote for this bill. Unfortunately, that means we have to face the extremely difficult task of making marijuana legalization an issue that the majority of people think of positively. This thread is to discuss how we can do that.

I'm in class and I've got to go, but feel free to make the first suggestions.

I was thinking the biggest help would be to find people/corporations that would be willing to invest in propaganda.