Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

C99 vs landrace sativas, Malawi, Thai, etc

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Happyness, Feb 26, 2014.

1. First of all, this is my first post here. Long time lurker and now decided to participate with GC over the other forums. Thanks to all of you for your past posts, and future inspirations.

Lately been reading lots about the landrace sativas, and they sound amazing for multiple reasons. In Canada getting them though is seemingly impossible. Can't even get brickweed here, which believe it or not id love to try. Found some C99 though. The question I have for you lucky people who know better is this...

How does Cinderella 99 compare to such strains like Malawi, Thai, Acapulco, and other pure sativas? Are the effects practically the same (ignore smell taste & growing differences), or is there really something spectacularly different that would put C99 to shame? From much googling it seems that Cindy is the "holy grail" allowing northerners to experience a sativa effect in an indica like growing plant, but would like to hear from experienced people who have actually smoke both C99 and the true sativas on their opinions.

Thanks for replies!

2. Can't help you on the C99; never tried that strain. I've grown Drakensberg, Malawi, and Bhutan African landrace strains. They are definitely one to try if you have the opportunity.

Speaking of opportunities... No you don't want brick weed. You know how many chemicals, pesticides, burrito sauce and Mexican pubic hair is on that shit? Dank buds that were grown on a small scale with precision and care is what you want ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Bro im smokin c99 now its not as sativa as Acapulco gold and shit but its all about dem phenotypes.

there's a 9/10 chance im very baked right now.

4. I've smoked C99, definitely a sativa hybrid, but not the same as a true sativa. Nor is it anywhere near the most sativa-dominant hybrid I've smoked so IDK where you heard that it's the closest thing you'll find.

Get your hands on some solid Green Crack when it's goin around up here, now THAT is something close to a pure sativa.

5. Thank you all for your replies. Sounds like I'm gonna have to hunt out getting some true sativas while on some future vacation. Guess C99 isnt the full experience after all, though it certainly is great for what it is for daytime meds.

May I ask about another strain? How about Shining Silver Haze? Would that be pretty much like a landrace sativa effects?

I can't wait for the prohibition to be over to be able to walk into a store and pick up packs of whatever. Sigh. Y'all in Colorado are lucky. Doesnt sem fair that in some areas people are allowed while in others not.